Discipleship & Young Families Director
Grace Fellowship is a church of 800+ worshippers near Athens, Georgia (home of the University of Georgia). Grace is a growing, multi-cultural church seeking a qualified Discipleship & Young Families Director. This position will report directly to the Senior
The ideal candidate senses a call of God to serve in a leadership role of discipling and empowering people for God’s kingdom agenda. The candidate must be a self starter, able to work with limited supervision, and be accountable to the vision of Grace Fellowship.
Preferred applicants will have a four-year degree from an accredited college or university and a verifiable track record of leading and growing Christian adult education and discipleship initiatives.
- Lead and coordinate all Connection Group related small group ministries.
- Lead in developing and executing an action plan to disciple and grow worshippers of Grace Fellowship by way of Connection Groups.
- Research, strategize, implement, and assess generational-appropriate developmental best practices.
- Approve, obtain, and/or develop curriculum to meet the needs of connection-related small groups.
- Identify, recruit, train, grow, and mentor ongoing Connection Groups (Sunday mornings).
- Develop, lead, and coordinate Young Families Ministries.
- Lead in developing and executing an action plan to disciple and grow young families.
- Identify, recruit, train, and mentor leaders for ministry to young families.
- Develop and oversee an ongoing marketing strategy to promote Connection Groups and young families to the congregation (e.g., email, announcements, social media, and brochures).
- Coordinate with Children’s Ministry and Student Ministry teams to insure that parents of students are making connections inside of the church body.
- Coordinate and lead large events to promote group participation.
- Develop streams of involvement for young families to connect with one another and the church.
- Develop specific ministries and events that will attract, encourage, and engage young families with the larger community of Grace Fellowship.
- Develop and/or promote existing ministries that address the unique issues that young families face (e.g., finances, marriage enrichment, raising Christ-centered kids).
- Develop and manage yearly Connection Group budget with full financial accountability.
- Track, report, and assist in evaluating attendance and trends of participation in groups during weekly staff meeting.
- Write and distribute Community Groups Discussion Guide as needed.
- Publish necessary Connection Group directories and offer materials as needed to insure good communication of connection opportunities within the church.
- Serve on ad hoc committees under the direction of the Senior Pastor.
- Ideal candidate will have a four-year degree from an accredited college or university.
If interested, please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.