CHILDREN’S MINISTRY PASTOR
I. PRIMARY PURPOSE: The purpose of this position is to envision, equip and lead a team of staff and key volunteers through the implementation of the Mariners Church transformational loop for children from birth through fifth grade.
II. SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build & motivate teams of staff and volunteers. Inspiring others be passionate about their role in accomplishing the vision of the ministry.
- Develop and implement an ongoing plan to recruit, equip, and empower lay leaders and volunteers to accomplish all necessary components of the ministry.
- Relate well and build rapport with parents, volunteers, children and staff; utilizes diplomacy and tact in difficult situations.
B. Strategic Management
- Provide a compelling vision & strategy for children’s ministry (birth through 5th grade).
- Work with the leadership team of children’s directors to manage and provide action & accountability to the strategy, staffing and ministry implementation on a weekly basis.
- Lead, coach and develop ministry directors and provide oversight of staff and lead monthly department meetings using a team approach.
- Oversee yearly ministry calendar planning and scheduling of events ensuring alignment with vision and ministry plan objectives and collaborating with other ministry road map events.
- Work with leadership team to interview, hire and train new staff as well as ensuring staffing budget is met.
- Provide overall oversight and strategy for VBS working with leadership team to envision and equip high capacity volunteers on the Steering committee.
- Network with other strong children’s pastors across the country and be knowledgeable of current trends within children’s ministry and possible implications and application to Mariners.
C. Communication and Marketing
- Be the voice of children’s ministry to children, parents, volunteers and children’s staff.
- Ensure that all ministry communication and marketing represents the vision and voice of the ministry.
- Work with operations director and leadership team to develop, implement, and maintain a consistent multi-faceted communications strategy for all children’ s ministry events, recruiting of lay leaders and volunteers, and ministry awareness.
D. Programming & Worship Experience
- Provide vision in developing a biblical functioning ministry that is relevant to the community and provides varied opportunities for outreach, serving, equipping families and leadership development of children and volunteers.
- Monitor quality and effectiveness of curriculum in the elementary and early childhood ministries.
- Serve as part of the family ministry lead team, ensuring objectives of Sticky Faith are implemented in children’s ministry and in collaboration with other ministries.
E. Pastoral Care
- Work with family ministries pastor to develop parent education ministry and assist in baby dedications.
- Meet with volunteers, children and parents as needed to provide prayer and ministerial support.
- Participate in continuing education opportunities as approved by the Family Pastor.
- Participate in monthly “all church staff” meetings.
- Participate in any pastor meetings.
III. STAFF RELATIONSHIPS
- Reports to the Family Pastor.
- Provides support to campus children’s directors at other Mariners campuses and provides leadership to the children’s ministry shared values team.
- Has direct reports of all children’s ministry directors.
- Work in cooperation with staff pastors, directors and coordinators in other ministries.
- Proven successful experience within a large children’s ministry.
- Experience in recruiting and developing a multi-level strategy for volunteers and staff in the context of the local church.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and an ability to express vision and stories of how God is working in the ministry.
- Demonstrated ability to coach staff in their personal and professional development.
- Proven ability to take initiative, collaborate with others and problem solve.
- Intimate and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Maintain a consistent devotional time with God.
- Participation in a weekly support/accountability small group.
- Work a 50 hour work week. Included in this time is up to 5 hours per week in a personal devotional time with God and up to 3 hours weekly for participation or leading a Rooted or life group.
- Attend worship services one time each week.
- Provide oversight and be present during at least three of the weekly weekend services.
VI. CONDITIONS FOR EMPLOYMENT
- It is a privilege to serve the Lord in vocational ministry. Those who serve God in the pastoral staff at Mariners Church are expected to set a biblical standard of personal conduct and lifestyle.
- It is required that all staff members are in agreement with the vision and values of Mariners Church and adhere to the guidelines and conditions for employment as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Children's MinistriesCommunity Presbyterian Church
- Danville, California
- October 26
Campus Children's PastorThe Crossing
- Chesterfield, Missouri
- October 26
Children's Ministry DirectorCrossroads Church
- Douglasville, Georgia
- October 26
Children's Ministry Director (171702)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Midwest , Wisconsin
- October 26
Children's Pastor (232310)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Southeast, Georgia
- October 26