Faith Bible Church (FBC) of Spring, Texas, is prayerfully searching for a Senior Pastor. The Senior Pastor will serve as our Christ-led spiritual shepherd. His primary role shall be preaching, teaching, and training the congregation. In collaboration
with other elders, his oversight shall include shepherding the congregation to develop their spiritual gifts and grow in their love for and dependence upon the Lord Jesus Christ. He should be ready to affirm the authority of the Scriptures and exalt biblical
principles to encourage the congregation.
- High degree of personal spiritual maturity, reflecting the character of Christ in both his private and public life - must meet the qualifications of 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
- Be in substantial agreement with our doctrinal statement and constitution.
- Master’s degree (3+ year M. Div. or higher preferred) from a biblically conservative accredited seminary (such as Dallas Theological Seminary) is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in pastoral ministry and church leadership is preferred.
- Be a personable man of God who is committed to prayer, loves the Lord, and understands worship.
- Ability to communicate meaning and insight from Scripture in a way that connects with an audience and effectively leads to learning, understanding, and application.
- Expository preaching style is preferred, although topical preaching is recognized as both valuable and desirable in some circumstances.
- Grace oriented approach to doctrinal and theological issues, as well as areas of daily life and practice; not judgmental or legalistic, but frank with regard to essentials of the faith.
- Have the ability to cast a powerful vision and develop supporting strategies with which to effectively lead lovingly and selflessly, yet decisively, by example.
- Understanding of, and commitment to local and worldwide missions.
Please see our web site for greater details about our church:
http://faithbiblespring.org. Our detailed Doctrinal Statement can be accessed via the following link:
Compensation and benefits are commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To apply, please send 1) cover letter and resume and 2) personal doctrinal statement/philosophy of ministry (PDF format is preferred) to email@example.com. Qualified candidates of interest will be contacted for additional information
such as references and sermon recordings. Please note that no search committee members will be available at the church to receive phone calls.