Purpose of the Job: To ensure the consistent excellence of the visual and sound quality in our worship services, rehearsals, and special events. To oversee the scheduling and training of our audio, video and lighting tech team volunteers.
This is a full-time position, including occasional special events.
- Be fully supportive of the worship ministry and the vision and mission of the church.
- At least 5 years mixing audio successfully in live music environment.
- Good communication and team building skills.
- Ability to think quickly and react/trouble-shoot properly in high stress situations.
- Understanding and familiarity of AVL equipment necessary to operate and teach.
Supervisor: Pastor of Worship Arts
- Uphold and communicate the mission, vision and values of Jacksonville Chapel for all technical teams.
- Serve as Head FOH Sound Engineer for main auditorium.
- Consistently produce excellent quality of sound, video, and lighting reinforcement in all services and events on the Chapel campus.
- Respond to requests submitted for special event (wedding, funeral, seminar etc.) audio/visual tech staffing and schedule techs at the Lincoln Park campus as needed. This includes other adult, children’s and student services and events as needed.
- Create documented inventory of sound, lighting, and video/visual media equipment, and keep the inventory documentation updated.
- Develop a maintenance schedule for ongoing, regular maintenance of equipment, to ensure our equipment is kept in good working order. Report to Pastor of Worship Arts any equipment that is need of repair or replacement.
- Attend monthly planning meeting as scheduled with Pastor of Worship Arts.
- Be available to operate/supervise for seasonal services and special events (i.e. Christmas services/programs, Good Friday, Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Eve)
- Collaborate with the Pastor of Worship Arts on budgeting outlooks for current and future sound, lighting and video/visual media equipment needs.
- Assist in training youth and children’s tech team volunteers and be a resource to all AVL tech teams across the campus.
- Develop and implement a plan for capturing and editing audio and video of the music and sermon at a high quality, well-balanced level, suited for web cast/live streaming, and post-mixing for recordings.
- Administrate and coordinate all volunteer and paid audio, lighting, camera and media operators for all buildings.
- Oversee the recruiting and training of teams for audio, lighting and media operators for all building areas.
- Attend weekly worship team rehearsals and church services, and ensure that the technical team operators are scheduled and functioning for all services, special events, classes and programs. This includes children’s and student services and events as needed.
- Coordinate the set-up of audio, lighting and media equipment as needed and scheduled for classes, weddings, funerals, etc… held in all buildings.
- Have a “working knowledge” of the Chapel’s technical equipment.