Position Description: Communications Director
Purpose: Oversee communications at Fellowship Bible Church, working toward accomplishing the elder’s stated goal that “We will be a church that embraces a fully-integrated communications strategy that effectively leverages media, technology,
and internal communications.”
Hours: Full-Time Exempt
General Description: Responsible for overseeing all external and much of the internal communications at Fellowship Bible Church including print, web and social media.
- Develop and utilize efficient messaging systems that provide communication channels for all ministries.
- Oversee and manage web/electronic media including social media and all print media for both strategic and tactical purposes.
- Oversee effective and appropriate communication from elders / staff to congregation as needed.
- Leadership collaboration in conjunction with the various ministries of the church inside and outside the building, including strategy implementation in alignment with mission and vision.
- Ongoing discovery and sharing of testimonies and stories inside and outside of FBC to reflect our mission - “We exist to glorify God by making disciples of Jesus who love God passionately and love others unconditionally. “
Christ-centered, proven ministry leader. Proven track record in communications. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to effectively counsel with a wide variety of individuals from congregants to elders. Seasoned leader, problem-solver,
creative thinker, can-do attitude.
- Education: 4-Year degree or above in Journalism or Communications preferred
- Experience: 10+ years with management experience in a PR firm, advertising agency, media outlets, marketing or communications for a church or ministry
- Skills: Leadership and training abilities, writing, web programs, organizational, budgeting, motivational. Ability to use graphics programs such as PhotoShop, Illustrator, etc. is a plus
- Knowledge, understanding and use of social media platforms and video production
Interested, qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their resumes to Richard Hopkins for consideration.