Located 30 miles west of Chicago, Wheaton Bible Church is a non-denominational church of 4,000 people gathering in English and Spanish speaking congregations.
For over 85 years, our church has responded to the call to love God, grow together, and reach the world. We have followed Jesus, and the stories that God has written in and through our church are remarkable. We are a Gospel-driven, mission-focused church
with a large local and global presence. Our commitment to the Gospel, to the Word of God, and to discipleship has been the foundation of our church and continues to shape our vision.
We are seeking to hire a Junior High Pastor to lead our Junior High ministry with the purpose of connecting the hearts of students to the Gospel and to encourage them to pursue a disciple making lifestyle.
- Lead weekly programming of Sunday Morning Core Groups and Studio78 (Wednesday night large group) bringing high energy and excitement to these areas of ministry.
- Serve as primary teacher for Junior High, creating format as well as semester and yearly plans, and scheduling guest teachers as necessary.
- Meet with and encourage Junior High volunteer leaders as well as participate in monthly equipping, discipleship, and training meetings for leaders.
- Serve and collaborate with the Student Ministries leadership team to create and organize strong and sustainable programs with the purpose of promoting spiritual growth.
- Collaborate with Student Ministry team to co-lead other strategic events, including Winter Camp (retreat), GO (Global Outreach missions) Teams, and the All Night Rager (overnight outreach event).
- Dream and create excellent environments for students, and lead when asked in any area of student ministry.
- Participate on Next Generation Team in order to develop and ensure the church’s vision for the discipleship of students, as well as partner with parents in the discipleship of their student(s).
- Equip, meet, and build a foundation for Junior High students to become student leaders.
- Participate as a member of the staff team for the general body of Wheaton Bible Church and be available to assist in general duties as opportunities arise.
- Committed to holiness and developing your personal walk with God in order to model and lead others in their faith and in making disciples.
- If married, love your wife as Christ loved the church. If you have children, disciple your children to know God and love Him.
- Bachelor’s degree in Youth Ministry, Bible/Theology, or related field.
- One to five years full-time youth ministry experience in a para-church or church ministry.
- Committed to recognizing and cultivating the command of discipleship within the lives of junior high students.
- Passion for the spiritual growth of students and their families.
- Gifts in the creative arts and in leading worship a plus.
- Ability to effectively equip God’s people for service in the church.
- Desire to pursue professional, personal, and spiritual development.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and productivity skills.
Interested and qualified applicants may email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org