Senior Lead Pastor, First Alliance Church, Calgary, Alberta
First Alliance Church is a growing, multi-cultural, multi-generational community who exist to 'build lives that honour God.' We have a rich history of 75 years in Calgary with global reach and influence. We are amazed and grateful for God's many blessings
throughout those years. Between thirty five hundred and four thousand come together at five weekend gatherings for worship, biblical teaching, prayer, and developing relationships with one another in a relaxed and friendly environment. Each weekend gathering
features a dynamic mix that may include drama, dance, music, video and personal life stories, all of which are designed to communicate Biblical truths to help draw people into a deeper relationship with Jesus and to fulfill our Life Commitments of Connecting,
Growing, Serving and Sharing, All for Jesus. Our passion is to make Jesus famous not just here in the city of Calgary, but also around the world. As part of the Christian and Missionary Alliance of Canada, we partner with a number of international ministries
and workers throughout the world. Please review our church website at www.faccalgary.com.
As we seek the man God has chosen for our church we have identified a number of qualities/characteristics/gifts needed to lead a large complex church organism.
- Strong intimate relationship with Christ. We believe that it is out of one’s personal practice of spiritual disciplines and study of God’s word that spiritual leadership is effective.
- A visionary leader whose vision will continue to articulate and build upon why we exist as a church, to build lives that honour God. We are a church that has a heart for evangelism, a church for non-churched folks. We are an open inclusive congregation
that is deeply committed to seeing people come to experience God’s love through Jesus Christ and to grow to full maturity in Him.
- An effective communicator. We are looking for a leader that “preaches for life change.” The ideal candidate will root his messages in God’s word in order to inspire and encourage in a way that touches the seeker as well as the mature believer.
- Success in growing a church. In the last five years First Alliance Church has almost doubled in size. Our ideal candidate will have experience growing a church both numerically and spiritually.
- A strong relational leader. Our ideal candidate enjoys people, enjoys being with them, supporting them and empowering them.
- Effective in leading a large staff. Our ideal candidate will be able to delegate effectively, manage the leadership team and keep vision before staff.
- Have a minimum of five years senior leadership experience in a growing church
- Be a student of the word
- Experience in a large multi staff environment
- An ordained minister
- Willing and able to be licensed with the Christian and Missionary Alliance in Canada
How to Apply:
Please email a letter of introduction (including your bio, statement of faith and call to ministry) and your resume (including references) to email@example.com. Please include links to recorded sermons if available.