Student Ministry Associate Pastor of Teaching and Community
October 1, 2014
The Student Ministry Associate Pastor of Teaching and Community will play a primary role in reinventing the large group gathering components of the ministry to students at Elmbrook church. Specifically they will be responsible for collaborating with the Student NextGen staff to envision and implement the next iteration of large group worship, learning, and connecting environments for students at Elmbrook Church. This role requires strong speaking gifts (but not desire to be the sole speaker in the ministry). Some musical ability is required for this role or ability to develop worship teams with excellence. This pastor must have a deep desire to create genuine community among students through the use of large group environments both on and off of the Elmbrook campus. This Pastor must have a deep love for God’s Word that is infectious and inspires students, leaders, and parents to engage further with God’s Word and His people. Additionally, this pastoral position will be involved in the broader Elmbrook environment to care for and shepherd the congregation.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Demonstrate a vibrant and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Active participant or member of Elmbrook Church.
- Endorse and support Elmbrook statement of faith, vision and core community priorities.
- A desire to grow, seeking relationships, resources and training to assist in the continuation of personal and professional growth.
- Exhibit a pastoral presence that welcomes people, shepherds intentionally, and leads in healthy ways.
- Model servant leadership by attitude and practice.
- A proven ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Desire to work in a healthy church and make it healthier.
- Love for and a desire to shepherd students.
- A primary calling to minister to students as a place of investment, not a stepping stone.
- Desire to build positive and healthy relationships with staff and Elmbrook families.
- Have working knowledge of curriculum and how it can be used effectively in a variety of learning environments.
- Excellent communication skills that are seen in teaching, leading, and office environments.
- Strong leadership, relational, organizational, technical, project management, staff development, and decision making skillset.
- A desire to learn and explore ministry as part of a team.
Ministry Specific Responsibilities
- Work closely with NextGen Pastor and Student Directors to facilitate a cohesive approach to ministry that takes into account students and their parents.
- Develop and continue to build a consistent, creative, and compelling large group gathering both on the weekends and during the midweek for Students in grades 6-12. (may have separate meetings for MS and HS)
- Work in collaboration with NextGen Pastor and other Student Ministry staff to shape environments that include but are not limited to:
- A sense of care and belonging
- A sense of fun, momentum, and genuine joy
- A value for student led worship
- An emphasis on strong Biblical teaching (balancing exegetical and topical)
- Intentional application pathways
- Space for the Holy Spirit to teach and speak
- Space for students to engage in tangible response
- Work in collaboration with other Student Ministry Pastors and Directors to develop a cohesive approach to curriculum that is both stand-alone but also able to be connected to processing and conversation in small group environments.
- Use musical ability to lead worship and grow student worship teams.
- Take the lead on developing the main session curriculum and stage components of all camp and retreat venues. This would come in collaboration with individual ministry directors.
- Eagerly engage in all NextGen hub meetings and contribute to the vision, strategy, and implementation of major Student Ministry initiatives.
- Provide oversight and leadership to directors and coordinators who fall under your pastoral umbrella.
- Invest deeply in getting to know leaders, students, and parents connected to the Next Gen/ Student Ministry at Elmbrook Church.
- Provide pastoral care and shepherding for Elmbrook congregation by participation in on-call rotation, weekend worship prayer and availability, facilitating weddings (and pre-marital counseling) and funerals as assigned.
Full-Time Exempt Position
Salary – dependent on experience, skills & education
Medical - eligibility for all benefits associated with full-time employment, including, medical, dental, vision and life insurance. Refer to the Employee Handbook and information provided by Elmbrook’s insurance vendors for specific details.
Paid Time Off (PTO) – Full time employees are eligible to earn PTO. PTO is accrued on a calendar year basis. Refer to the Employee Handbook for specific details.
403b – Employees are eligible to participate in the 403b pension plan if employees are scheduled to work 20 or more hours per week. Entry dates for the 403b plan are January 1st and July 1st. On an employee’s first anniversary Elmbrook will match up to 5%.
Holidays – Full time employees are eligible for holiday pay. There are 10 holidays recognized by Elmbrook Church as paid holidays; refer to the Employee Handbook for specific details.
NextGen Hub Pastor – Brodie Swanson (Interim)
777 S. Barker Road
Brookfield, WI 53045
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Associate PastorThe Bridge Church
- St. Francis, Minnesota
- January 23
Director of Children and Youth MinistriesBeloit First Christian Church
- Beloit, Kansas
- January 23
Associate Pastor of Children and Youth MinistriesBeloit First Christian Church
- Beloit, Kansas
- January 23
Executive PastorThe Meeting House
- Carlisle, Pennsylvania
- January 23
Associate PastorPeace Lutheran Church
- Hazen, North Dakota
- January 22