To be considered, please post to the position directly on our website as below:
The Student Pastor must have excellent relational and communication skills. The candidate should be passionate, hard-working, teachable, fun and enjoy being part our fast growing community. They should possess organizational and administrative skills to
carry out the day-to-day operations of the Student Ministries program. The Student Pastor will be responsible for coordinating all components of the weekly services as it relates to the Student's programs at their specific campus as well as other campus related
activities as assigned. They must be committed to leading in all areas of student ministry and partnering with the Family Ministry Team as a whole for the success of kids, students and families.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Set campus specific goals and objectives for CT Student Ministry
- Oversee the management and execution of student experiences (mid-week groups and events, tribes (groups), student events, summer camp, spring break, mission trips, etc.)
- Stay informed on current educational methods, materials, promotional ideas
- Follow up with CT families and guest families/students as needed
- Communicate and collaborate with the campus team
- Recruit, train & equip leaders and volunteers
- Visible within the community to parents, students and leaders (attending school and/or community functions)
- Planning and implementation of growth and development for leaders at the campus level
- Fully involved with the full scope of Family Ministry
- Actively participate in the fellowship, social, and spiritual activities of CT
- Committed to the vision of family ministry.
- Ability to work with a large and diverse team
- Ability to adapt to change quickly
- Ability to remain focused on vision and direction
- To have a teachable spirit in all aspects of ministry
- Ability to laugh, enjoy work and not be afraid to address conflict using the Biblical model (Matthew 18)
- Exhibit shepherd leadership
- Team player
- Knowledge of and passion for teens (9th – 12th grades)
- Creativity-the ability to think outside the box developing fresh new elements
- Self-Starter-the ability to work independently but also thrives in a team environment
- Leadership-able to help others develop and grow as well as yourself
- Upbeat, positive outlook and demeanor
- Strong, effective communicator (written and spoken)
- Capacity for maintaining needed details and information
- Capacity to dream for growth
- Experience in Student ministry (3 -5 years required)
- Past record of good leadership sound judgment, integrity and commitment to the vision, mission and core values of CTCC
- Demonstrates a passion for the ministry which is in agreement with CTCC vision, mission and core values
- Understands the vision and culture of CTCC and has the ability to effectively communicate with students and parents
- Clearance of a criminal background check
Prefer 4 year Degree
Must be flexible and realize that this role will include many hours outside of regular office hours and weekend service times.
All staff members are required to attend monthly All Staff meetings. Vacations and personal time are to be scheduled to not interfere with attendance. Exceptions must be approved by manager.
All staff members are required to work Easter services and the week leading up to and including Christmas services; the schedule for these services can vary according to the campus needs and the yearly calendar.
WORK ENVIRONMENT – PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Position requires bending, stooping and stretching to file, and occasional lifting of boxes weighing up to 25 pounds. Work is generally performed indoors, but may involve limited exposure to outdoor weather conditions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of this job and the level of work performed by employees in this position.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties
required by their supervisor.