Position title: Director of Music & Media
Role: Music and Worship
Detailed position description:
1. To oversee the musical aspect of regular worship services and special services (i.e. Christmas Eve, Good Friday, etc.)
2. To develop and implement the media ministries of our church
3. Oversee assimilation ministries
1. Develop and oversee a balanced music offering designed to disciple and nurture the Congregation of the Mankato Evangelical Free Church and to evangelize the members of our community.
2. Work with the Senior Pastor and worship team in planning and implementation of our congregational worship services. Work with the Senior Pastor to develop the theme and flow of each regular worship services and other special services.
3. Maintain direct relational ministry contact with members of the Music and Media Ministries on a regular basis.
4. Select, train, develop, and oversee a total music ministry including vocalists, instrumentalists, sound technicians, medial shout team, and others directly involved in worship.
5. Prepare and manage the Music & Media financial budget in collaboration with the Board of Deacons.
6. Collaborate with other Mankato Evangelical Free Church ministries to encourage Music and Media team members to have meaningful opportunities for service within the church.
7. Maintain the church website: oversee the updating of upcoming events, uploading sermons, publishing Ministry information and newsletters. Also keep the church up to date with other social media to be more available to members and community.
8. Design and produce marketing materials and ministry materials for all church ministries. Design and produce all graphic arts in line with our Church’s Purpose Statement.
9. Collaborate with other Mankato Evangelical Free Church Student ministries to provide students with significant opportunities within the Music Ministry .
10. Implement, organize, and/or oversee our “meet, great, and seat” assimilation ministry. Assist with other responsibilities of following up with visitors, participating in quarterly pastor’ fellowship with new attenders, etc.
11. Take an active role in the meetings and conferences of the pastoral staff as scheduled and directed by the Senior Pastor.
12. Continue growing in his relationship with God through Bible reading and study, prayer, scripture memorization, and other Spiritual disciplines.
13. Fulfill other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
Worship Style: Contemporary/Modern
Job Status: Open Immediately