Lead Pastor Position
Foothills Church of Stayton Oregon
Where We Are Located:
Stayton is a bedroom community of 10,000, including our sister town Sublimity, located 20 minutes east of Salem, Oregon. We enjoy the amenities of being 90 minutes from the city of Portland, the beaches of the Oregon coast and skiing in the Cascade mountain range. We are a rural community with a wide range of people and families that make up our church. Foothills has a broad spectrum of professionals, from farmers to financial planners. Also, our church has a very diverse mix of religious and denominational backgrounds.
- The nature of this position is to provide leadership, vision and teaching to Foothills Church in coordination with the Board of Elders. We are not looking for a perfect, but a growing man of God who lives a repentant, gospel-infused life before God and others.
- Master of Divinity, preferred.
The Main Responsibilities
- Maintains a healthy personal relationship with Jesus.
- Prays regularly for the church and sees prayer as a critical part of life of the church.
- Models a balance between family life, personal life and ministry.
- Ensures that the vision and direction of Foothills Church is consistent in all areas of ministry.
- Preaches the Gospel of Jesus Christ through the faithful exposition of the scriptures and the administration of ordinances.
- Shares with the Elders and staff, responsibility for the spiritual health of Foothills Church.
- Leads and shepherds the church staff, providing direction, insight, correction, and encouragement.
- Hires church Staff in concert with the Elder Board.
Qualifications for the Position:
- Have a vibrant personal relationship with Jesus that overflows in a lifestyle consistent with 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- Agree with the doctrine, covenant, mission statement and champion them.
- Be an excellent communicator and teacher in small and large groups.
- Be genuinely humble and extravagant in your service.
- 5 years pastoral experience in a church of similar size.
- Able to disciple a broad range of people and develop leaders who do the same.
- Can manage a ministry well.
- Loves people.
The Vision of Foothills Church:
We continually cultivate a missional heart and have a vision of "becoming a whole church for the broken world." All in all, we are a healthy church with some clear ideas of our strengths, weaknesses and where we are heading.
Some People Who Influence Us:
Jesus, Paul David Tripp, Reggie Joiner, Chap Clark, Erwin McManus, Matt Chandler, John Piper, Tim Keller, N.T. Wright, John Sailhammer, Gerry Breshears, Donald Miller, Robert Lewis, Sinclair Ferguson, Kara Powell, John Eldredge, Malcolm Gladwell, Patrick Lencioni, Wayne Grudem, and C.S. Lewis.
Some Tools We Use
Robert Lewis’ Men's Fraternity, North Point’s 252 Basics, Nelson Searcy’s Activate, Orange, Fuller Youth’s Sticky Faith, Strengths Finder, and Leading From Your Strengths, Biblical Eldership by Strauch.
The 5 Things We Need From You:
- A resume with a picture of you (and family if applicable)
- 250 words or so on: why Foothills Church interests you enough to send us your resume. A brief statement of your perspective on leadership, your thoughts about the last book you read and the name of your favorite TV show.
- A video (preferred) of you preaching (a link, .mp4, .mov). If necessary a mp3 of the same.
- A link to your website, blog or Facebook page.
- Read chapter 4 of Dangerous Calling by Paul Tripp, please share your thoughts on the importance of pastoral heart care and how you have worked through some of the questions in the chapter with an accountability partner and the elders/deacons of your church.
Send to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Senior PastorWoodcrest Chapel
- Columbia, Missouri
- January 22
Senior PastorMeadowdale Baptist Church
- Calhoun, Georgia
- January 21
Sr. PastorEast Chain Evangelical Free Church
- Granada, Minnesota
- January 20
Senior PastorFirst Baptist Dexter
- Dexter, Missouri
- January 19
Senior PastorFirst Baptist Church of Westerlo
- Westerlo, New York
- January 19
Foothills Church Stayton
Foothills is a vibrant, growing, non-denominational, Biblical community following Jesus into the heart of the Santiam Canyon. We expect to see God working every day, and He hasn’t let us down. We are a church where you can be real, you will be loved and you can serve God out of your strengths and gifts. We embody the risen Jesus and carry on his work just east of Salem, Oregon. More...