Position Title | Children’s Ministry Director
Reporting | Reports to Family Ministry Director
The Children’s Ministry Pastor serves the church by overseeing the entire Children’s ministry at CCDelco. The purpose of this position is to lead children and parents to love God by living out the teachings of Jesus and love others with no strings attached,
by developing and implementing a ministry that targets children (through 5th grade) and their families.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit, train and invest in volunteers who will implement Sunday morning environments for all children (infants – 5th grade)
- Work in conjunction with Operations Director to run background checks on all volunteers
- Oversee all Sunday morning environments for children, birth – 5th grade
- Oversee Sunday morning Check-in procedures for families
- Continually develop, plan and implement connecting strategy and ministry to families of children through 5th grade
- Participate in weekly Ministry Team meetings
- General ministry roles, such as hospital visitation, guest follow-up, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Lead Pastor
Personal & Spiritual Growth
- Two words: PASSION and FUN. This person must also have a sense of humor and a strong desire to “enjoy the journey”
- People Person – this person must naturally be drawn to and be able to relate to both children and adults
- Emotional and relational intelligence, teachable and humble
- Loyalty and dedication to the CCDelco mission, values and leadership
- Spiritually mature Christian with consistent and long-term track record of Christ-like behavior
- Effective communicator in verbal and written communication
- Collaborative team leader who naturally motivates and encourages others
- Additional projects and responsibilities may be necessary as requested by the Senior Pastor and/or Leadership Team.
- Job descriptions at CCDelco are fluid – meaning this job description represents the minimum expectations when it comes to tasks and areas you may be working in. The reality is that we work as a team and there are numerous other tasks that will require the
participation of the person holding this position.
Work Schedule: Tuesday – Friday; Sundays; 40 hours/week
If interested, please contact Calvary Chapel of Delaware County c/o Lisa Merideth @ Lmerideth@ccdelco.com or call 610-459-8111