To be considered, please apply directly to the Connections Pastor role posted on our website:
The Connections Pastor is responsible for connecting people to Cross Timbers and to ministry through groups and serving opportunities. The main responsibilities include organizing and overseeing groups, guest process, membership, volunteers and serving opportunities inside the church (primarily Sunday Welcome Team and Women's Ministries for their Campus). The Connections Pastor will need a unique blend of 5 elements: pastoring people, strategic thinking, creative ideas, managing people and an extroverted/energetic personality.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Generate increased awareness of in church serving and group opportunities and respond to inquiries for connection.
- Recruit, train and lead volunteers for all areas of weekend team (Welcome, Parking and Connection Center, etc.)
- Oversee the schedule and coordination of the weekend Welcome Team and other serving teams.
- Appreciate volunteers individually via personal communication.
- Support Campus Team in planning and coordinating special events.
- Help recruit and train qualified leaders and volunteers to meet the needs of the church.
- Develop effective systems of training, accountability and communication for group leaders and volunteers.
- Execute a smooth sign-up process for each new season of groups and serving.
- Be available as a point person on Sundays in the lobby between services to meet people and assist with needs.
- Organize and execute global connection initiatives in collaboration with the Global Connections Leader and other ministry leaders
- Oversee the maintenance of the volunteer database.
- Ability to recruit, develop and place volunteers in ministry programs in the life of the church.
- Ability to assist others in assessing their gifts, skills and interests, and use tools to link them to ministry opportunities.
- Highly organized, administrative and dependable
- Approachable, friendly and outgoing
- Have experience working in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Four year degree preferred
Job Description – Connections Pastor
This addendum is to support any campus with an average attendance of 2000 or greater that requires the staffing of two Connections Pastors. In addition to the above Job Summary and Essential Job Functions the below delineation of ministry responsibilities and processes are as follows:
Connections Pastor (In-church serving & welcoming environments focus):
- Guest Process
- Membership (shared with Connections Pastor – Discipleship focus)
- Welcome Team
- Parking Crew
- Connection Center
Connections Pastor (Discipleship focus)
- New Believers/Essentials of Faith process
- Baptism Discussion classes
- Membership (shared with Connections Pastor – In-church serving & welcoming environments focus)
- All small group life stages
- Men’s and Women’s ministry
Connections Pastors who are male/female will be responsible for their gender’s Men’s or Women’s ministry.
Sunday through Thursday as office and campus responsibilities require.
Must be flexible and realize that this role will include many hours outside of regular office hours and weekend service times.
It is essential for staff to attend All Staff meetings. Every effort should be made to schedule vacations and appointments to not interfere with attendance. Exceptions must be approved by manager.
All staff members are required to work Easter services and the week leading up to and including Christmas services; the schedule for these services can vary according to the campus needs and the yearly calendar. Exceptions must be approved by manager.
WORK ENVIRONMENT – PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Position requires bending, stooping and stretching to file, and occasional lifting of boxes weighing up to 25 pounds. Work is generally performed indoors, but may involve limited exposure to outdoor weather conditions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of this job and the level of work performed by employees in this position.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties required by their supervisor.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Associate Pastor - Massapequa CampusCenterPoint Church
- Massapequa, New York
- October 27
Children's Pastor (232310)Private Profile
- USA Southeast, Georgia
- October 26
Discipleship DirectorRestoration Church
- Mechanicsville, Virginia
- October 23
Community Life Director242 Community Church
- Ann Arbor, Michigan
- October 23
Discipleship Ministries PastorBethel Church
- Fargo, North Dakota
- October 20
Cross Timbers Community Church
Cross Timbers is a non-denominational, Evangelical, Spirit-filled church. Although we are a multi-site church, we share a passion for helping and serving others and providing a place where connections are made and authentic relationships are built. Each campus is uniquely its own, yet each brings all of the Cross Timbers elements together to make a place that its members call home.More...