Ministry Overview: The Associate Pastor of Music and Worship will assist the pastor in leading the church to worship as a lifestyle, specifically through the means of music.
- The minister must demonstrate a vibrant devotional life by cultivating his personal relationship with God through regular daily Bible reading and prayer.
- The minister must fulfill his responsibilities to his family by being a godly husband to his wife and loving father to his children.
- The minister must be an example of evangelistic fervor to the church by intentionally building relationships with the unchurched and looking for opportunities to share the gospel.
- The minister must be an example to the church by practicing biblical stewardship of his finances in tithing and giving.
- The minister will direct the organization and implementation of a comprehensive church music program including choirs, vocal ensembles, worship band & praise team, soloists, & drama teams for adults, youth & children.
- The minister will assist the pastor in planning & conducting weekly congregational services of the church.
- The minister will serve as a leader with the pastor in the worship services, giving direction to the congregational singing, choir, worship team and other phases of worship.
- The minister will plan, organize, and promote concerts & special programs to enhance the church ministry goals.
- The minister will assist in the selection and provision of appropriate music for weddings, funerals, special projects, and other church-related events and activities.
- The minister is responsible for enlisting, equipping, and supervising leaders and participants in the music ministry of the church.
- The minister will stay up-to-date on current music methods, materials, promotional ideas, and administrative techniques.
- The minister will be well informed of denominational goals, emphases, publications, materials, policies, and plans for employing them as they relate to the local church.
- The minister will coordinate the music program with the organizational calendar and emphases of the church.
- The minister will work to assemble and direct a music ministry team to provide an annual ministry plan and budget to the pastor and the ministry steering team.
- Oversee and maintain the music library, materials, supplies, musical instruments, and other equipment useful in the music ministry.
- The minister will oversee and provide direction to the tech team including audio, video and projection.
- The minister will serve on church ministry/leadership teams or special committees as assigned.
- The minister will champion the vision and direction of the church.
- The minister will make hospital visits and other visits as assigned by the pastor.
- The minister will assist with requests in the benevolence ministry of the church when needed.
- The minister will perform other duties not named above as asked or assigned by the pastor.
- The minister will carry himself in a manner consistent with the principles of Scripture and with that of policies and procedures provided for the staff by the personnel team of the church.