The Media Team Coordinator (MTC) works as a part of the HC Media Team to provide technical, video and creative support of the Sunday worship services at Hoffmantown Church. The MTC serves personally as the producer/director of each weekend service and potentially special services as well. Specifically the MTC will be responsible for producing required videos for general information dissemination to the body of HC and/or videos that coordinate with the message of the senior pastor, or other speaker, for the enhancement of the message. The MTC must have the ability to solve technical issues with creative solutions, participate in brainstorming and collaborative creative sessions with the Media Team, and oversee implementation and execution of Media Team ideas. The MTC will recruit, train, and shepherd volunteers to assist in executing the duties of Media Team. Equipping, encouraging and leading the volunteers to serve in a Christ-centered manner will be key. Hands-on technical gifting is very important along with the gifts of leadership and administration. And finally, the MTC must have a sense of calling to his area of ministry, taking ownership and sharing his gifts and passions with Hoffmantown Church and the glory of God.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborating with the Senior Pastor, Music Pastor and Media Team to initiate, resource and implement the technical aspects of corporate worship services and special events/services.
- Produce the video announcement segment for the worship service (a.k.a. H-Town Update)
- Produce documentaries and testimonial videos of what God is doing in the groups and lives of the people of HC. E.g., camp videos, baptismal testimonials, mission trip synopses, etc.
- Produce promotions of various ministries of HC and upcoming ministry events.
- Oversee lighting, sound, and multi-media for all worship services.
- Serve as producer/technical director of the worship services. Ensuring all technical elements are prepared per the directions of the Pastor and/or Media Team.
- Developing, training, and shepherding the team of volunteers. Evaluating those who are gifted or show promise and have the desire to volunteer regularly within the technical arts disciplines – sound, live video, produced video, lighting, stage design, stage management and setup/tear down.
- Overseeing volunteers directly in order to provide trouble-shooting and feedback.
- Ascertaining the spiritual condition of the volunteers and prayerfully and sensitively encouraging their spiritual growth.
- Developing and shepherding leaders, fostering an environment of unity, artistry, excellence and worship.
- Training volunteers and creating written documentation to enable turnkey technical operations for ministry specific events when the MTC cannot be in attendance.
- Assess technical needs and make inputs to the maintenance and purchase of technical arts equipment to the Communications and Tech team.
- Recommend to HC the purchase of new equipment needed per HC budget and equipment purchase guidelines.
- Maintain clean and safe work stations and keep work spaces organized and uncluttered.
- Make sure all equipment is kept in working order and coordinate in a timely manner with resource ministries maintenance team and/or the manufacturers approved service centers for all repairs.
- Oversee video shooting and editing of same for the television broadcast.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Should have five (5) or more years experience
- Proven track record of success.
- Cutting edge knowledge of multi-media operations.
Other skills and abilities
- Stable, mature, growing disciple of Jesus Christ, committed to the vision, purpose, mission and values of Hoffmantown Church.
- Self-motivated, but also a team player that exhibits a spirit of joy and helpfulness, as well as a willingness to learn and be challenged.
- Committed to staying informed concerning new technologies and increasing one’s own technical skills and knowledge base.
- Trustworthy, ability to keep information confidential.
- Good interpersonal skills – ability to deal with a variety of people in different situations.
- Ability to trouble-shoot and problem solve under pressure, with a cool head
- Strong work ethic, showing initiative and drive for excellence and creativity.
- Demonstrates expertise and professionalism in the technical arts (audio, lighting, video)
- Strong audio mixing skills and “musical” ear as it relates to supervision of sound tech crew
- Able to manage the event calendar of the technical department including organizing volunteers and equipment.
- Is prepared and on-time for areas of responsibility.
- Partners with all the ministries of the church in providing assistance, through training ministry team members in the technical arts.
- Establishes and administrates the budget affecting his/her ministry.
- Establishes goals for the ministry and implements strategies for their attainment.
- The ideal candidate should have a deep walk with the Lord, be creative, detail oriented, flexible, and decisive with the ability to organize and coordinate work, set priorities and motivate others.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of this job and the level of work performed by employees in this position. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties required by their supervisor. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Executive Director - Creative MinistriesHope Community Church
- Raleigh, North Carolina
- October 27
St. Mark's Church - Audio/Visual DirectorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Burlington, North Carolina
- October 26
Worship Tech & IT DirectorLee's Summit Community Church
- Lee's Summit, Missouri
- October 25
Media/Visual ArtsOrchardville Church
- Xenia, Illinois
- October 25
Director of Audio Visual ArtsManchester United Methodist Church
- Manchester, Missouri
- October 24
At Hoffmantown Church we are excited to invite you to participate with us in being deepened in our relationship with the Lord. Only the Lord is able to deepen or grow us. He alone is able to mature us. We have prayerfully considered a strategic way to clearly communicate how God has called us to make disciples. More...