Grace Church is a spirit-filled church sharing the gospel with people throughout the St. Louis Metro east area. Grace Church has two Sunday morning services, a midweek service on Wednesday nights as well as many small groups meeting as Life Groups throughout the month.
The Youth Minister is directly responsible for the oversight and growth of all junior high and senior high ministries. This role is the primary driver and communicator for the Wednesday night worship service and responsible for carrying the vision and values of Grace Church. The Youth Ministry includes but is not limited to Wednesday night services for Junior High and High School, events, and grade level discipleship classes. The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching and discipling students in sound Biblical instruction in agreement with the mission, philosophy, and core beliefs of Grace Church. Additionally, the Youth Minister will be active in reaching new students and making Christ followers of students by developing relationships with those inside and outside the church family.
Although not required, it is preferred that the candidate have a bachelor's degree as well as proven experience growing a youth ministry. They need to be a strong team builder and a confident, relational leader. It would also be ideal for the candidate or their spouse to possess the ability to lead worship.
Grace is located in Fairview Heights, a neighborhood just 12 miles east of St. Louis... home of the World Champion St. Louis Cardinals. Fairview is a family friendly community that has all the amenities of larger cities including great shopping, hotels and restaurants. St. Louis International Airport is only 30 minutes away.
GRACE YOUTH MINISTER
Position Overview | October 2014 | Grace Church
Do you love thinking of creative ways of sharing God's love with youth? Does the thought of creating consistent, unique environments that allow teenagers to grow and learn about God, in outside of the box ways, get you excited? If so, you might be a good fit for an exciting position at Grace Church.
Grace Church is looking for an enthusiastic LEADER to serve in the role called Grace Youth Minister. The GYM will oversee and develop a volunteer team to develop creative, contemplative, and engaging environments for youth from sixth grade through high school graduation, overseeing all aspects of what teenagers experience each time they come through our doors - from the music and visuals, to various teaching tool, curriculum and youth events. The GYM will lead teams of enthusiastic volunteers who work relentlessly to remind kids that they are unique and loved by God.
WORDS THAT DESCRIBE YOU
- Team builder
- Loves teenagers
- Outside-of-the-box thinker
- Loves creating environments for others
- Hungry to learn and grow
- Willing to experiment with new ways of doing things
TIME COMMITMENT: Full-Time
- Oversee all aspects of Weekly Experiences for 6th-12th graders
- Weekend attendance
- Weekly or bi-weekly coaching and development meeting with Dream Team volunteer staff
- Weekly staff meeting
Develop, implement, and oversee all aspects of our Grace Youth experiences by:
- Creating environments, activities, and programming that are relevant for each age group.
- Connecting with, empowering, and developing teams. Creatively connecting and regularly communicating with all Grace Families.
Work with the Grace Pastoral Staff to:
- Develop and implement healthy volunteer assimilation processes, leading to building teams of enthusiastic Grace Youth Dream Team volunteers.
- Ensure effective communication and administration of the department.
- Manage a departmental budget.
- Complete other tasks as needed.
Utilize key competencies, such as:
- Computer skills and knowledge of relevant software
- Communication skills - written and verbal
- Problem assessment and problem solving
- Flexibility & adaptability
• Enthusiastically Embraces the Grace Church Principles and Vision
WHEN APPLYING PLEASE INCLUDE A LINK TO VIDEO OF YOU SPEAKING TO YOUTH.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Children's & Student MinistriesFour Mile Presbyterian Church
- Beaver, Pennsylvania
- December 9
Pastor to Students and their FamiliesFirst Baptist Church
- Boerne, Texas
- December 8
Campus Student Ministry AssociateWestwood Community Church
- Minnetonka, Minnesota
- December 8
Campus Student Ministries Pastor(s)Parkview Christian Church
- Orland Park, Illinois
- December 8
Children's PastorChurch In The Son
- Orlando, Florida
- December 8
The purpose statement of Grace Church is derived from the final words of Jesus to His followers. These words are known as the Great Commission. Grace Church exists to Connect People to God’s Grace, to reach people with the life-giving message of Jesus that they might become fully devoted followers of Christ. More...