Gingellville Community Church is located Lake Orion, MI, approximately 45 minutes north of downtown Detroit and just 6 miles north of the Palace of Auburn Hills.
We are a body of believers that desires to make disciples who make disciples. We are real people that desire to run after Jesus together. We strive to be a community of believers that loves God and loves people, serves our community, grows in our faith and repeats that pattern by discipling others.
For more information about GCC, visit: www.gcc4him.org
The Purpose of 412 Youth Ministry at GCC
412 Youth Ministry exists to SHINE the light of Christ into the hearts of non-believing youth and to CONNECT them with Christians to TRAIN believing youth in their walk with Christ and challenge them to HONOR God with their lives and SERVE Him.
- The primary responsibility of the Youth Pastor is to fulfill the purpose statement of 412 Youth Ministry.
- Reflect the mission, vision and values of Gingellville Community Church.
- Disciple students in grades 6-12 through Biblical teaching and role-modeling.
- Recruit, train, encourage, and support volunteer staff in the various ministries of working with youth at GCC.
- Develop a monthly calendar of youth programs and events for grades 6-12.
- Implement programs and events by ordering needed materials, scheduling speakers, handling setup details for events.
- Establish regular office hours so youth and adults can know when and where he can be contacted for consultation.
- Plan for growth of youth groups, this will involve but is not limited to the following:
- Lead and teach Sunday School and other weekly programming events.
- Arrange for regular pastoral visits to active, inactive, and prospective youth and their families.
- Develop effective PR for youth activities through the church newsletter, bulletin, youth newsletter, social media, technology, media publicity, etc.
- Research and schedule special events such as retreats, yearly mission trips, and so on. Train youth and plan for special outreach to others both inside and outside GCC.
- Develop or locate resources and curricula for Sunday School and other programming events in such areas as spiritual growth, Bible study, discipleship, outreach and service.
- Counsel and disciple youth.
- Build relationships with the parents of youth in the youth group.
- Establish regular and effective means of communicating events and ministry with parents.
- Regularly meet students “on their turf” by visiting schools, games, performances and other places students hang out.
- Call on youth and parents in pastoral-need situations such as sickness, hospitalization, crisis intervention, death, and other situations in which teenagers may need help or support.
- Provide resource materials for parents based on their needs.
- Attend workshops and personal growth conferences (as per approval of Lead Pastor) to stay informed on new and effective ways to implement youth ministry.
- Establish long-range goals and short-term objectives (with input from the volunteer youth workers) for ongoing youth ministry in the life of the church.
- Manage the Youth Ministry expenses within the budget (prepare and present annual budget as well) and report all expenditures in a timely manner.
- Administrate the child protection program at GCC.
- Administrate the HOPE Ministry (ministry to the needy).
- Additional duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor and/or Elder Board (preaching, teaching, visitation, etc).
- The Youth Pastor will report about the youth ministry to the Lead Pastor at weekly staff meetings.
- The Youth Pastor will participate in the bimonthly Elder Board meetings.
- The Youth Pastor will be evaluated annually by the Lead Pastor and a written report will be provided to the Elder Board.
- The Youth Pastor should be involved in personal Bible study for his own growth and development. He will be a part of the Elder Board accountability group for personal study.
- Must meet the qualifications of an Elder/Overseer as seen in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
- Must be in complete agreement with GCC’s Statement of Faith.
- Passion for reaching teenagers for Christ and equipping them to live out the Great Commission and the Great Commandment.
- Deep commitment to Jesus Christ and a desire to continue to grow and mature in that relationship.
- Team player with the ability to lead and train volunteers.
- Relevant education, training and ministry experience in a youth setting.
- Worship leading (youth/corporate worship) and musical ability is preferential but not required.
- Experience and knowledge of technology, media, or A/V preferred.
This is a full-time position with full benefits. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and doctrinal statement along with cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be accepted until April 30, 2016.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth PastorDeer Creek Church
- Littleton, Colorado
- September 30
Youth MinisterSlingshot Group
- Fremont, California
- September 30
Student Ministries DirectorChrist Church of Orlando
- Orlando, Florida
- September 30
Student PastorFirst Baptist Church Bloomfield
- Bloomfield, New Mexico
- September 29
Pastor of Worship & ShepherdingMount Aetna Bible Church
- Mt. Aetna, Pennsylvania
- September 29