Come join a team of high-energy, innovative, and passionate people who are relentlessly and creatively pursuing the mission of Christ across several communities in beautiful suburban St. Louis. As the Technical Director, you will be leading a gifted
team to produce services that will inspire and influence people at all points on their journey. You will benefit from being a part of a highly collaborative, entrepreneurial culture that is committed to reaching unchurched people. Why spin your wheels somewhere
else? An opportunity for significant impact awaits you here.
The Technical Director will lead a team-based, creative process to engineer and facilitate the audio, visual and media needs of the church including weekend services that will fuel the LIFEjourney of all people.
- Creative. Utilizes the full spectrum of technology to create unforgettable and impactful worship experience.
- Leader. Makes the whole of a team greater than the sum of its parts and can enlist and engage volunteers
- Motivated. Organize personnel, prioritize tasks and schedules to accomplish large projects in a fast paced, high expectation environment.
- Knowledge. 2 – 3 years experience with audio (Whirlwind Digital Snakes, Yamaha M7cl), video (Blackmagic Design ATEM Switcher, Sony HD cameras, large format projectors, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere) and professional lighting (Jands Vista
S3, Martin and Coemar).
- Recruit, develop and schedule a team of staff and volunteers to meet the audio, visual and media needs of all church ministry activities.
- Design and implement progressive and engaging technologies to creatively and effectively communicate all thematic elements for all worship services.
- Supervise the Technical team including the following part-time positions: Audio Engineer, Lighting Designer, Recording Engineer and Video Intern.
- Maintain, repair and archive a thorough inventory of current media equipment.
- Synchronize real-time activities such as live cameras, lighting cues, and projection for a cohesive worship experience. Video production.
- Research new industry methods and purchase technology, improving the department’s ability to meet ministry needs in an excellent yet resource-efficient manner.
- Prepare and upload weekly media content onto church’s website.
Full time position working a minimum of 40 hours a week with typical working days on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, with on-call capabilities. Longer hours required at peak seasons.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and answer the following questions in a cover letter:
- What is your best technical achievement and how did it change the experience? (Provide links or examples if possible.)
- What do you believe is the point of a weekend worship service and how can media enhance it?
Send to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail St. John Church, Attention: Tracy Dunn, 15800 Manchester Road, Ellisville, MO 63011. To learn more about our organization visit our website at www.stjstl.net.