Crosspoint Community Church
Pastor of Children’s Ministries
Job Title: Pastor of Children’s Ministries
Type & Date: Full Time / Effective Immediately
Reports to: Associate Lead Pastor
(Accountable to the Board of Elders)
CROSSPOINT COMMUNITY CHURCH:
Crosspoint Community Church (C3) is a vibrant and fast-growing church located about halfway between Milwaukee and Madison. Driven by a passion for outreach, we strive to restore, develop, and release people to collectively participate in God’s mission.
Our community averages around 1500-1750 people each weekend and is continually growing and welcoming new people. For more information about us, please visit our website (www.crosspointwi.com).
The Pastor of Children’s Ministries will be the primary vision-caster, developer, and overseer for children’s ministry here at C3. This individual will be responsible for overseeing all ministries related to children (birth – 6th grade) while
partnering with and equipping parents to disciple their children well. Primarily, this individual will supervise our team of children’s ministry staff (6 total) and function as the point person in other collaborative efforts with the larger ministry staff.
This person will be a competent leader and team builder with strong organizational skills and a passion for kids.
1. Staff Oversight – Oversee the children’s ministry staff, creating a cohesive team environment while equipping each staff member to perform at his or her best.
2. Weekend Programming – Oversee the children’s team for our weekend kids programming (Go-Kidz; 250 kids) at all of our contemporary services.
3. Mid-week Programming – Oversee the children’s team for our mid-week programming (Truth Trackers; 220 kids) on Thursday nights.
4. Special Events – Collaborate with other staff to lead our interactive and family-oriented holiday services (Jingle Jam & Easter Jam) along with various community-sponsored events (Moonlit Movies, Kids-Fest).
5. Leadership Development – Assist children’s ministry staff in recruiting, training, and discipling ministry leaders and volunteers.
6. Preaching & Teaching – Opportunity to preach and teach based on gifting.
7. Pastoral Duties -- Engage in pastoral duties such as officiating at weddings and funerals, counseling, hospital visitations, etc.
8. Ministry Budget – Create and manage the children’s ministry budget.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s and preferably a Master’s Degree in a related field.
- Preferably 3-5 years of ministry experience.