Believers Church is a rapidly growing, contemporary, non-denominational church located in Chesapeake, VA (near VA Beach, VA) with a weekly attendance of 1200 and a Kid’s Ministry of 400+ is looking for a part-time Preschool Director.
The right person will have a strong commitment to and a history of involvement in kid’s ministry in the local church. If you have a solid background in working with children ages 2-5yrs (from teaching, curriculum design and planning, etc.) and are able
to oversee all aspects of a growing Preschool Dept. (including but not limited to: restructuring ministry space, structuring teams for growth, development and training).
This person must have experience working with multiple staff members as well as be able to lead a team of 50+ volunteer members. Must have strong interpersonal skills, be a growing leader and follower of Jesus and have the ability to get along with anyone!
- Passionate about Jesus and kids
- Strong early childhood background
- Must have at least 2-3yrs. of Kids Ministry experience
- Strong ability to lead teams and manage people well
- Communications – written and verbal
- Computer skills PC Excel and Microsoft (office, word, publisher) proficient
- Fun and energetic with a positive attitude
- Flexible and a team player
Only resumes accompanied with a cover letter will be considered.
The cover letter should be personalized for this position and should answer these 4 questions:
- Why you are interested in this position?
- What experiences do you have working with kids?
- What experience do you have in working/ volunteering with kids in a local church?
- What do you believe makes you stand out from other candidates for this position?
Send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Oversee all functions of Believers Kids Preschool department (150+ kids) to include:
- Preschool (large & small groups) (ages 4 - Kindergarten)
- Treehouse (ages 2- Kindergarten)
- Toddler Plus (ages 2& 3)
Preschool Director Responsibilities:
Build teams motivated to serve our children in Preschool
- Train up leaders to oversee each ministry area
- Facilitate training of all new team members
- Develop leaders to support those teams
- Program & plan all worship experiences with leaders through worship planning meetings
- Facilitate run-throughs of all services with team leaders
- Develop and maintain team schedules; restructure as needed
- Equip teams to serve with excellence
- Weekly meeting with BK Director
- Weekly communication with all team members
- Provide spiritual encouragement & personal care
- Reflect schedule needs and changes
- Encourage spiritual growth, community, and commitment
- Preschool Monthly newsletter
- Maintain Team Facebook Page
- Select & develop curriculum lessons; design activities for each ministry area
- Communicate needs to Craft Coordinator & At Home Team
- Upkeep and design of ministry areas to reflect BK vision and values
- Manage Preschool budget
- Maintain accurate records in Church Community Builder (CCB)
- Be present at all services to participate in Huddle team times
- Ensure teams are fully equipped and resourced
- Initiate contact with team members for encouragement
- Be available to address any unforeseen circumstances with team members, children or families
Assume other tasks as assigned by the Believers Kids Director