Believers Church is a rapidly growing, contemporary, non-denominational church located in Chesapeake, VA (near VA Beach, VA) with a weekly attendance of 1200 and a Kid’s Ministry of 400+ is looking for a part-time Preschool Director.
The right person will have a strong commitment to and a history of involvement in kid’s ministry in the local church. If you have a solid background in working with children ages 2-5yrs (from teaching, curriculum design and planning, etc.) and are able to oversee all aspects of a growing Preschool Dept. (including but not limited to: restructuring ministry space, structuring teams for growth, development and training).
This person must have experience working with multiple staff members as well as be able to lead a team of 50+ volunteer members. Must have strong interpersonal skills, be a growing leader and follower of Jesus and have the ability to get along with anyone!
- Passionate about Jesus and kids
- Strong early childhood background
- Must have at least 2-3yrs. of Kids Ministry experience
- Strong ability to lead teams and manage people well
- Communications – written and verbal
- Computer skills PC Excel and Microsoft (office, word, publisher) proficient
- Fun and energetic with a positive attitude
- Flexible and a team player
Only resumes accompanied with a cover letter will be considered.
The cover letter should be personalized for this position and should answer these 4 questions:
- Why you are interested in this position?
- What experiences do you have working with kids?
- What experience do you have in working/ volunteering with kids in a local church?
- What do you believe makes you stand out from other candidates for this position?
Send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Oversee all functions of Believers Kids Preschool department (150+ kids) to include:
- Preschool (large & small groups) (ages 4 - Kindergarten)
- Treehouse (ages 2- Kindergarten)
- Toddler Plus (ages 2& 3)
Preschool Director Responsibilities:
Build teams motivated to serve our children in Preschool
- Train up leaders to oversee each ministry area
- Facilitate training of all new team members
- Develop leaders to support those teams
- Program & plan all worship experiences with leaders through worship planning meetings
- Facilitate run-throughs of all services with team leaders
- Develop and maintain team schedules; restructure as needed
- Equip teams to serve with excellence
- Weekly meeting with BK Director
- Weekly communication with all team members
- Provide spiritual encouragement & personal care
- Reflect schedule needs and changes
- Encourage spiritual growth, community, and commitment
- Preschool Monthly newsletter
- Maintain Team Facebook Page
- Select & develop curriculum lessons; design activities for each ministry area
- Communicate needs to Craft Coordinator & At Home Team
- Upkeep and design of ministry areas to reflect BK vision and values
- Manage Preschool budget
- Maintain accurate records in Church Community Builder (CCB)
- Be present at all services to participate in Huddle team times
- Ensure teams are fully equipped and resourced
- Initiate contact with team members for encouragement
- Be available to address any unforeseen circumstances with team members, children or families
Assume other tasks as assigned by the Believers Kids Director
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Children's MinistryNewsong Los Angeles Covenant Church
- Culver City, California
- December 7
Children's MinisterChrist Pacific Church
- Huntington Beach, California
- December 7
Children's PastorBakersfield First Assembly
- Bakersfield, California
- December 6
Children's PastorIngleside Baptist Church
- Macon, Georgia
- December 6
Children's Ministry Director/PastorLiberty Baptist Church
- Spring Lake, North Carolina
- December 6
Believers is a growing, contemporary, non-denominational church located in Chesapeake, VA. We are in the midst of a relocation effort that will move us approximately 6 miles from our current location to give us ideal ministry space to expand our reach into our community.More...