Do you have a deep love for Jesus, a hunger for God’s Word, a passion for the Gospel, an unwavering calling to disciple children of every ethnicity, economic status and ability, and a desire to work with a Pastoral and Administrative team that shares the same heartbeat?
If that describes you, then you are going to want to check out this out.
Living Water Community Church is a 13 year-old, growing, multi-ethnic, reformed, missional church, of 700+ people, located just outside the city limits of Harrisburg. We are seeking a full-time Children’s Ministry Pastor who will be responsible for leading our growing ministry for children (approximately 100+) from birth through 5th grade.
- Passionate, unwavering, yet humble and loving commitment to both the Gospel and the truth and authority of God’s Word.
- Enthusiastically committed to the purpose of developing a diverse family of fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ who reproduce that devotion in others.
- Spends consistent time in prayer, studying God’s Word, personally discipling others, and sacrificial giving.
- Preserves biblical unity through biblical conflict resolution.
Specific Job Responsibilities and Goals:
- Development, communication, and implementation of comprehensive vision and direction for a vibrant and growing Children’s Ministry.
- Creation of a high quality, dynamic, fun, safe, Christ-glorifying and Gospel-centered Children’s Ministry environment for all services (Saturday evening 6 p.m., Sunday morning 9 and 11 a.m., and Wednesday night). It is essential that this environment also
provides opportunities for parents/guardians to engage with their children in worship and learning.
- Oversight and coordination of all aspects of the Children’s Ministry (nursery through 5th grade).
- Recruiting, training, scheduling, overseeing, and leading of all paid and volunteer Children’s Ministry Team members.
- Continued development of a Children’s Ministry Teaching Team which will assist in weekly teaching responsibilities and a Children’s Ministry Worship Team which will provide worship opportunities for our Children.
- Coordination with the Student Ministry Pastor (6th – 12th grade) to ensure seamless transition of children from Children’s Ministry to Student Ministry.
- Curriculum identification, procurement, approval and, if necessary, development.
- Management of Children’s Ministry budget.
- Implementation of community outreach events (e.g. Vacation Bible School, movie nights, etc.).
- Must possess the gifts of pastor/teacher and leadership, and have a proven record of effectiveness in these areas.
- Must satisfy the biblical requirements of an elder as found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9, and Titus 2:7-8. May or may not serve as a member of our Elder Board.
- Minimum of a B.A. in Biblical Studies or equivalent (Masters degree preferred)
- Demonstrated skill in recruiting, leading, supervising, and retaining both volunteer and paid staff.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a full time Children’s Ministry in a large (500+) Gospel-centered, outreach-oriented, evangelical church.
- Must subscribe to Living Water Community Church’s doctrinal statement (see www.livingwatercc.com), be fully committed to the truth of God’s Word, and be able to clearly articulate those truths.
- Married candidates must possess a healthy relationship with spouse and children. Both single and married candidates must be above reproach in all relationships.
Supervisor: Lead Pastor
Resumes, cover letters, and DVD of you teaching children (mandatory) should be submitted to:
Or mailed to:
Living Water Community Church
Attention: Laura Howell
206 Oakleigh Avenue
Harrisburg, PA 17111
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
New Hope Kids Campus/Site DirectorNew Hope Church
- Manvel, Texas
- October 24
West Campus Children's Ministry CoordinatorCalvary Church
- St. Peters, Missouri
- October 24
Director of Children's MinistryStrongsville United Methodist Church
- Strongsville, Ohio
- October 24
Children's Ministry DirectorCapshaw Baptist Church
- Harvest, Alabama
- October 21
Children's Ministry Director/PastorCornwall Church
- Bellingham, Washington
- October 20