Mountain West is located just outside Atlanta, GA in the Tucker / Stone Mountain community. We have been on a 7-year growth trend, from 140 to 900 (grown by 260 this year). We are passionate, energetic, friendly, focused, and diverse. Our desire is to continue to grow.
We are looking for a young, aggressive person who is ready to join the staff of a growing church, work hard, grow as a pastor and leader in this important role on our staff and make a tremendous difference for Jesus Christ.
Are you passionate about raising up new leaders and volunteers, seeing people get connected in the church and challenging them to grow in their faith?
Do you have the ability to teach and communicate in a class setting and do so in a team environment?
Can you work with our team to increase the number of people serving in ministry, improve our care/follow-up to new believers and create systems that see ever more people taking the step to be baptized and becoming members of the church?
Do you enjoy recruiting volunteers and working with them to create a great environment on Sundays for everyone who attends - especially first time guests?
Are you passionate about follow-up and seeing people connected to the church (from first-time guests to active, committed members)?
Are you interested in helping a growing church continue to grow?
Do you have a high view of ministry and of 'serving as part of discipleship'?
This is not a pastoral care position, but a leadership, administrative, equipping position.
Oversight and Execution of First Impressions
Oversight and Execution of Follow-up Ministry
Oversight and Execution of Small Group Ministry
Oversight and Execution of Growth Track / Membership
Facilitate Connections on Volunteer Teams
- Organizational and administrative skills are a must.
- Must be extremely hard-working and bring a lot of energy and enthusiasm to the table.
- Other desired characteristics include strong interpersonal skills; growing leader; team builder; sense of humor; risk-taker (seminary not required).
- The ability to manage a large and growing Ministry & Volunteer System
- A passion for the Bible and innovation
- An ability to communicate, lead classes and lead meetings (volunteers/staff)
- A team player
- A positive attitude
- A risk taker
- A passion for helping people take spiritual next steps
- A desire to not let anyone fall through the cracks
- A passion and drive for evangelism and reaching the unchurched
- A high commitment to the local church
- Must work with a whatever it takes attitude
Only resumes accompanied with a COVER LETTER will be considered.
The cover letter should be personalized for this position and should answer 3 questions:
(1) Why you are interested in this position?
(2) What do you feel best qualifies you for this position?
(3) And what about you makes you stand out from other candidates for this position?
*Also – if you have a recent video/audio of you teaching in front of a group (large or small) – please include that along with your resume and cover letter.
Please send cover letters and resumes to Michael@mountainwestchurch.com
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Executive Pastor (#12140)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA South , Texas
- October 27
Teaching Pastor (#12135)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Northeast, New York
- October 27
First Baptist Church of Jackson - Family MinisterVanderbloemen Search Group
- Jackson, Mississippi
- October 27
Bethel Church - Senior PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Richland, Washington
- October 26
Christ Church - Director of Marketing & CommunicationsVanderbloemen Search Group
- Lake Forest, Illinois
- October 26
Mountain West Church
We exist as a church to simply "Love God and Love People". We get that from the Bible in Matthew 22 where it says, "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments." We realize that Christ has made it so simple for us. But although it sounds so easy, we believe the More...