Grace Bible Church Job Description
The Worship Pastor (WP) is to have a pastor’s heart and possess musical leadership abilities that would allow him to proficiently oversee the worship ministry at Grace Bible Church. The primary responsibility of the WP is to oversee the worship portion of
services, including musical selection, choirs, vocalists, instrumentalists, and audio/video technicians. The WP is responsible for the visual and musical aspects of the church services and oversees the key components for the overall feel, aesthetics, and health
of the church. Secondary responsibilities include developing and maintaining a healthy rapport with church leaders, both worship ministry and non-worship ministry participants, and non-church members in the community. He is to be available for hospital visits,
pastoral counseling, weddings, funerals, and all other pastoral opportunities. This role will serve to help build the identity of Grace Bible Church.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
- Sense a calling to serve in this kind of ministry role and ability to clearly articulate that calling to others.
- Meet the requirements of an elder/overseer as described in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9. The affirmed candidate will enter into Grace Bible Church’s elder mentoring policy with the expectation of becoming an elder in the future.
- Proven experience in leading worship, vocalists, and musicians with theological discernment.
- Proficiency in playing an instrument with the ability to lead while playing.
- Experience as a recruiter of volunteers and a developer of leaders
- Preferred minimum of 4 years of ministry and leadership experience or qualified degree
- Ordained in the ministry is preferred. If not, we will walk alongside the affirmed candidate to move him forward in this area.
Knowledge & Skills
- A love for Jesus and a desire to see lives and communities changed by the gospel.
- Possess pastoral influence, verbal communication skills, and cultural awareness.
- Proven success at multi-tasking, time management, and prioritizing.
- Ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality and trust regarding leader and member information.
- Proven ability to maintain positive relationships with those inside and outside the church.
- Ability to be a team player with other church leaders and staff.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Overseeing the planning, scheduling and musical direction of instrumentalists, choir, praise team and vocalists. Leading the rehearsal and presentation of all weekly musical service elements. This includes overseeing and directing the Tech Team.
- Ensuring that rehearsals and sound check schedules are developed and adhered.
- Lead the audition process for instrumentalists and vocalists.
- Assist in the spiritual development and accountability of worship team members.
- Oversee the Assistant to the Worship Pastor. Supply objectives and duties crucial to the success of the Worship Ministries goals.
- Along with musical responsibilities, an important part of the WP’s role is shepherding the people he is serving and leading on a weekly basis. The WP will be responsible for supporting the Teaching Pastor in other pastoral responsibilities as requested.
The WP’s platform leadership will only be as effective as his off-platform leadership. The Elders at Grace Bible Church expect the WP to establish positive relationships with church leaders, worship team members as well as non-worship team members, and non-church
members in the community.
- Make hospital visits, meet with key volunteers as needed, provide pastoral counseling/discipleship when needed, lead in weddings, funerals, and other special services as needed; perform pastoral duties in the absence of the teaching pastor.
- Being early and staying the full length of an activity is expected in this role.
- Have a positive, worshipful, “whatever it takes” attitude.
Schedule: Sunday – Thursday regular responsibilities. Occasionally (3-4 times a year) will be asked to participate in ministry projects that fall on regular off days.
Hours: Full Time
Vacation: At least 2 weeks, but experience may allow for more vacation time.
Benefits: Medical for family, Retirement, and disability
Full Time Salary: To be determined by qualifications and experience of the candidate