First Protestant Church is a historic congregation that has been shining the light of the gospel in the beautiful hill country of Texas for over 165 years. We are looking for a creative, energetic, team player who is passionate about Jesus Christ to continue
that heritage of Bible-based ministry to our next generation of children and their families.
The Director of Children’s Ministry will:
- Support and promote the ministry vision of First Protestant Church as expressed by the Senior Minister and Church Council
- Oversee weekly Children’s Ministry opportunities each Sunday, including Sunday School and Kids’ Church
- Communicate regularly with the congregation and community about the Children’s Ministry
- Plan for special Children’s Ministry events throughout the year, such as:
Palm Sunday Walk / Workshop Fall Kick-Off
Vacation Bible School Advent Workshop
Summer Sizzle (fall retreat) Christmas Pageant
- Creatively investigate new opportunities to introduce children to Jesus
- Coordinate with the Director of Youth Ministry for shared events and helping students transition into the Youth Ministry
- Be responsible for overseeing the Children’s Ministry budget
- Recruit and manage adult volunteers
- Attend FPC staff meetings and retreats as needed
- Complete other tasks as assigned by Associate Minister
- A genuine commitment to Jesus Christ demonstrated through life and testimony
- A passionate desire to introduce children to Jesus and guide them toward growth
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (ministry, education, etc.)
- Organizational and administrative abilities
- 2+ years of local church children’s ministry experience (with references)
This is a full-time position (32+ hours/week). The annual salary is $30,000 and the church’s budget for children’s ministry is $8,000 annually. For more information, please send a letter of interest and resume’ to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resume’s
will be accepted until November 30, 2014.
Initial contact with candidates the church is interested in will begin on October 31, 2014.