PROFILE FOR THE NEW PEOPLES CHURCH PASTOR OF STUDENT MINISTRIES
About The Church
Peoples Church is a growing church of around 200 people. We are located on the West side of Beloit Wisconsin in an area that has drastically changed over the last 20 years into much more of an urban environment. The neighborhood around the church has become very ethnically diverse. The church has not reflected the change in the community through the years. However, we are committed to breaking this cycle, so that Peoples Church will be a place where people of any race or ethnic background would feel at home because the love of Jesus that they see in us.
Being led and empowered by the Holy Spirit, Peoples Church will focus intensively on doing what it
will take to continue to grow into a relationally healthy community that is actively engaging the city of
Beloit for Christ.
Our Vision For The Peoples Church Youth Group
Our vision for the Peoples Church youth group is understood best through the lens of our Core Values:
WE VALUE DIVERSITY Acts 10:34 = Then Peter began to speak: "I now realize how true it is that
God does not show favoritism." (God is no respecter of persons. KJV)
- We don’t want to create a color blind youth group. We want a youth group that celebrates
God’s creativity and diversity in the race, ethnicity, and culture of the people He has
created. How boring would life be without color!
- We also would like to teach them to have a sensitivity and compassion for those who are
WE VALUE DISCIPLESHIP 2 Timothy 3:16(NLT) All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to
teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we
are wrong and teaches us to do what is right.
Our goal for discipleship is:
- Teens that know from the Word of God, what they believe, why they believe it, and how to
apply it to their daily life.
- That they would know the love of Jesus and understand their worth in Christ
- Help them to discover their Spiritual Gifts and how to put them into practice by serving and
building up the body of Christ.
- Create a safe environment that encourages transparency and welcomes accountability.
- Teach them how to worship God with their life as well as corporately using music, art, and
other talents and gifts that allow them to express their worship in their own heart
- To know how to reach out to their friends outside of the church, as well as creating
opportunities/activities that give them a safe environment to do so.
The model for discipleship that we would like to see implemented is Jesus’ example.
- Jesus spent time with the multitudes (Larger activities and events for the whole group and
- There was the 72 that he sent out in Luke 10
- Then he had the 12 which He spent more time teaching
- Then there was the 3 whom He spent even more time with, investing into their lives.
(The exact numbers aren’t as important as the fact that there will always be different
levels of spiritual maturity and desire to go deeper. At each of these levels, there is a
difference in the way they are taught as well as the amount of time invested. The 12
and the 3 are the kids that want to go deeper and have a desire for leadership
WE VALUE DEPENDENCE - Dependence is all about relationships
- First, in our relationship with God, we are dependent on Him for our salvation, for our
identity, for provision, for strength, for comfort, for wisdom, and for so many other things.
- Romans 11:35-36 (NIV) "Who has ever given to God, that God should repay him?"
For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be the glory forever!
- In our relationships with others, we must learn to be interdependent with our brothers and
sisters in Christ; learning to depend upon others as well as learning to be dependable.
- Through small groups, possibly peer mentoring, and youth leadership training, we want to
see our youth learn to depend on God daily, reaching out to others in the group to
encourage them to do the same, and growing in faith as they take on roles of leadership
within the group.
- As they continue becoming a cohesive group, we want to see them feel they are in a safe
place for transparency and accountability, as well as receive instruction from the Youth
WHAT DOES THE PASTOR OF STUDENT MINISTRIES LOOK LIKE?
- Consistent time in the Word and prayer
- A person who has a Teachable spirit and walks in humility
- A person full of grace and truth
- An individual who is patient with youth; who is able to see how God is working within the
group as well as individuals.
- A person of good moral character; with Honesty and Integrity
- A good Storyteller; able to engage students from varied backgrounds
- An individual having the ability to be relevant in teaching the Truth of God's Word.
- A person who has a heart for urban students and the struggles they face.
- A person who is able to balance and integrate the urban students with those already in
- Someone who is discerning and able to diffuse potentially tense situations
- Someone who is both a team leader and a team player.
- An Associate Pastor who desires to have a good relationship with the Lead Pastor and
who has good communication skills within the office staff as well as with youth
Once possible candidates are identified, we will ask that each one take the ministry gifting test that can be taken online from The Missionary Church; cost will be covered by the church.
A more specific job description will be crafted based on the Mission and Core Values. This description will be decided between the Lead Pastor and Student Ministries Pastor before the hiring process is complete.
Salary Package will be based on education and experience.
Interested applicants please send a resume and a current photo to email@example.com
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth Pastor - Full TimeBeulah Alliance Church
- Edmonton, Alberta
- January 19
Student PastorSpringwell Church
- Taylors, South Carolina
- January 19
Director of Youth MinistriesMountain View United Methodist Church
- Forest, Virginia
- January 19
Youth PastorGeorgetown Bible Church
- Hudsonville, Michigan
- January 18
Youth Pastor / DirectorWarren Community Fellowship
- Warren, Oregon
- January 18