Lakeside Baptist Church, located in the picturesque and growing city of Granbury, TX, is seeking a dynamic, committed, experienced, Christ-centered leader to begin a new chapter for a growing student ministry. The ideal candidate will have a proven track
record of reaching and loving students, a specific call to student ministry, a passion for the lost and disengaged, and a drive to engage parents and other adults in the ministry.
While by no means a perfect church, Lakeside Baptist is a growing church that is committed to leading people to be grounded in worship, growing in discipleship, and going in service. We are a family-oriented church with a strong emphasis on preschool, children’s
and student ministries. We have been blessed for the past six years to call Dr. Mark Forrest our senior pastor. Not only does Mark bring Christ-centered messages each week, but he is committed to being personally involved in the ministries in the church
and is an avid supporter of the student ministry. With the continued growth of the church, we are looking into creative ways to expand our reach into the community and to make new room for those who have yet to hear the gospel.
Located a short drive from the Dallas-Ft. Worth Metroplex, Granbury has all the charm and values of small-town America while offering the excitement of big city life nearby. Known for its patriotic parades, fireworks, drive-in movie theater, a recreational
lake and quaint downtown square, Granbury is a popular tourist destination as well as a quiet place to raise a family. The schools (public, private, and homeschool co-ops) are stellar. U.S. News and World Report recently named Granbury High School as one
of the top 10% of all schools in the nation (http://goo.gl/cZbSoR).
The ideal student pastor will have at minimum:
- Five plus years’ experience in student ministry with a proven track record of growth and evangelism. Must demonstrate a clear call to student ministry.
- Master’s level degree from seminary or equivalent preferred
- Strong public speaking skills
- An ability to work with multiple generations including students, parent, and the entire church body
- Willingness to share the ministry with parent leadership teams, student council, adult teachers, and other lay leaders
- The ability to communicate a clear vision and path for the future of the student ministry
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
Responsibilities will focus on:
- Providing vision and leadership for the entire student ministry with primary emphasis on grades 9-12.
- Providing oversight, general direction, and supervision to middle school ministry in conjunction with a middle school minister (new position)
- Enlisting, training, empowering and evaluating a corps of lay leaders to include Sunday School, parent leadership team, camp and retreat volunteers, mentors, discipleship leaders, and activity sponsors
- Being the primary Bible study leader for Wednesday evening programming
- Building relationships with students in and outside the church through contacts such as school visits, extracurricular activities, “fun” events, etc. An emphasis should be placed on building relationships with unreached students as well as “churched” teens.
- Developing effective communication to students, parents, and leaders including social media, printed means, and verbal announcements
- Developing and executing special events such as camps, Disciple Now, retreats, parenting seminars, and mission trips
- Working with other staff to create a unified vision for the church as led by the senior pastor
- Commitment to a daily walk with Christ through prayer and personal devotion
- Commitment to teach the Word of God
- Commitment to the unity of the church
- Commitment to a life of servanthood
If you are interested in applying, please send a resume’ and preaching/teaching video to email@example.com. A full job description is available upon request.