Please do not reply through church staffing. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Children and Family Ministries
Saratoga Federated Church
To build and oversee ministry to children and their families. Saratoga Federated children’s ministry exists to create environments in which children develop an authentic faith, build relationships and impact their community. We want our children to discover Life in God, Life with Others, and Life for Others.
This position will report to the Family Pastor.
- Be a follower of Jesus Christ
- Be an example of faith to children, their parents and the people in our community
- Adhere to Saratoga Federated Statement of Faith
- Be teachable
- Regularly attend Saratoga Federated Church while employed by the church
- Work cooperatively with other church staff to shepherd and lead God’s church and to promote the values, visions and goals established by the Elders and church leadership.
- Within the context of the overall ministry of Saratoga Federated Church, develop an effective transitional strategy to both incorporate incoming students and “launch” outgoing students toward meaningful connection with Christ and Christian community
Recruitment and Training
- Recruit, train, and develop volunteers and teams as needed to staff weekly programs (such as Sunday school) and special events.
Children’s Ministry Programs
- Oversee children’s ministry programming including lesson planning, curriculum development, volunteer staffing and training for Sunday mornings at 9:00 am and 10:30 am
- Oversee Nursery Care and Child care for all SFC events.
- Oversee Special Events such as Jam 45, Advent Wreath Making, Egg Hunt, Family Movie Nights, Christmas Caroling, Vacation Bible School
- Create new programs to reach children and their parents
- Create regular events that equip children, families with young children, and those anticipating parenthood towards a growing faith in the home.
- Partner with the Bridge Builders team to provide Sunday morning inclusion for children with disabilities.
- Collaborate with other ministries that involve and/or impact children and their families (such as worship ministry, care ministry, adult ministry. This would include:
- Children’s choir
- Christmas and Easter musicals
- Fed Family Festival
- All church events (such as the picnic), church retreat, service projects
- Collaborate with Village Preschool for room use and programs
- Collaborate with youth ministry team for training of students to serve in children’s ministry
- Other events planned by SFC leadership
- Provide leadership to the Children’s Ministry Team
- Work with the appropriate team to coordinate Bridge Builder children’s events
- Be part of the Family Ministry Team teaching staff for parents and adults
- Be an active participant in our Family Ministry Team, including attending relevant conferences and meetings
- Oversee room set up and decorating of children’s ministry area including classrooms and hallways
- Lead the creative used and proactive upkeep of children’s ministry facilities and grounds
Child Safety and Management
- Implement children registration, program management, and security policies/practices in support of weekly services and special events
- Work with the Communication Coordinator to explore how we communicate children’s ministry events and programs using our church data base, social media, and all forms of communication
- Partner with Village Preschool to maintain and grow healthy communication between the Preschool and the church
- Assist in the development of an annual budget for children’s ministry and manage spending to budget
Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- This position requires a minimum of 2 to 5 years experience as a staff member in a children’s ministry leadership capacity.
- Possession of Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is required (Extensive ministry experience, in some cases, can be substituted)
- The successful individual will be a strong leader with a solid work ethic, possessing a passion for teaching children about God and the ability to administrate as a department head.
- A working knowledge of creative programming related to children’s ministry/programs and special events.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Children's MinistriesFellowship Bible Church
- Benton, Arkansas
- January 21
Director of Childrens MinistrySt. Luke Church
- Columbus, Georgia
- January 20
Director of Children's MinistriesJourney Community Church
- Camas, Washington
- January 20
Family Life Minister - 1748MinisterSearch
- Kenosha, Wisconsin
- January 20
Pastor of Early Childhood MinistriesEmmanuel Community Church
- Fort Wayne, Indiana
- January 20