Job Description and Responsibilities:
PURPOSE: The Kids Elementary Ministry Director is responsible for the development and implementation of vision, strategy, and tactical elements for all programs, activities and educational aspects related to Kids Elementary Ministry at Community of Hope Church. Specifically, the Elementary Ministry Director is responsible for Sunday & Wednesday ministry for ages 1st-5th grade (Gravity & Trek), Day Camp/VBS, and participating in the summer camp experience for elementary kids.
COMPETENCIES & EXPECTATIONS:
- Growing relationship with Jesus Christ evidenced by action, attitude, and behavior.
- Passion for ministry to children and seeing both parents and children grow in the faith.
- Ability to fully embrace the vision, values, and statement of faith of Community of Hope Church.
- Proven expertise in administration.
- Reliable, trustworthy, self starter, and excellent at following through on details.
- Possess the ability to embrace innovation and creativity while adapting to growth and change.
- Create environments, activities and programming for each age group that will facilitate learning and encourage spiritual growth.
- Possess the ability to use appropriate judgment, discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality.
- Proven leadership skills utilizing a cooperative, collaborative team leadership style.
- Possessing strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain a healthy and motivating relationship with supervisors, coworkers, and volunteers.
- Possess the ability to understand and to keep current on issues related to safety and security resulting in the implementation of associated activities and safeguards.
Available- flexible schedule as needed
Committed- carry out vision and mission of CoH
Teachable- exhibit the desire and ability to grow and learn in life and Kids Ministry.
- Proven ability to achieve results.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- To provide leadership to the Kids Ministries(KM) team:
o Helps to develop and implement the vision for Kids Ministries in collaboration with the Leadership Team and Board of Directors.
o Work well and partner with our Family Ministries team.
o Provides strategic leadership and planning initiatives for KM volunteer leaders.
o Sets direction and trains KM staff and volunteer leaders as needed.
o Offers pastoral care and encouragement of KM staff and volunteer leaders.
o Develops processes necessary for effective KM operations (e.g.: check-in).
Responsible for KM budget and financial oversight.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (CONT.):
- Oversee the selection and implementation of curriculum for Kids Ministry.
- Develop communication plans to keep staff, volunteer leaders and parents informed.
- Includes weekly email to parents and volunteer leaders updating and highlighting upcoming teaching focus and events.
- Responsible for all staffing of KM (including training).
- Manage communications between ministries that interact with KM.
- Develop and implement all safety and security processes for KM in cooperation with the church’s safety protocols.
- Oversee and implement all programming for KM (primarily for Sunday & Wednesday ministry [1st-5th]).
- Coordinate family events and camps for KM parents and families.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years commensurate experience preferred
- Reports to Executive Pastor
- Supervises and directs Kids Ministries staff and volunteer leaders
- Works closely with all areas of ministries within Community of Hope Church
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Childrens PastorLove and Truth Church
- Jackson, Tennessee
- December 5
Children's Ministry DirectorGrace Church of Fredericksburg
- Fredericksburg, Virginia
- December 5
Children’s Ministry DirectorFirst Baptist Church Gulfport
- Gulfport, Mississippi
- December 3
CHILDREN’S MINISTRY CAMPUS DIRECTORNew Hope Community Church
- Cambridge, Minnesota
- December 3
Children's Ministry PastorTerraNova Church
- Irvine, California
- December 2
Community of Hope Church
Community of Hope Church is an exciting place to worship Jesus and grow in your faith as His disciple. We have a big vision and a passionate mission that we are called to live out in everyday life in our community and beyond. We have many young families who desire for their children to be rooted in the love and grace of God. We are a part of LCMC(Lutheran Congregations in Mission for Christ), and the ARC(Alliance of Renewal Churches) network More...