Christ the Word Church is seeking God’s chosen pastoral candidate to provide spiritual vision and direction with a core group of lay leaders for planting and launching an ECO: A Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians church.
CtWC shares our Lord’s vision to live out the Gospel in our community by feeding others physically and spiritually, thereby serving Christ. This God-centered man or woman shares our aspiration to be outwardly focused and can enthusiastically articulate that
vision to encourage others to join this exciting journey. Could God be calling YOU?
Below is a brief summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications. If the Holy Spirit has piqued your interest, go to christthewordchurch.org for contact information and the detailed job requirements.
- The act of praying, reading Scripture, and giving spiritual direction.
- Subscribe to and affirm the Essential Tenets of Faith.
- Prepare and implement the church’s public launch with strong assistance of a core group.
- Recruit, train and coach lay people for leadership who embrace the intrinsic values of the mission and vision for both the church and ECO.
- Prepare and mobilize attendees for outreach and evangelism.
- Raise financial support for three years.
Once the church is launched the Church Planting Pastor will assume the normal duties of a pastor, including but not limited to the following:
- Plan, lead and preach in the weekly worship services of the church.
- Provide management and oversight to the overall running and administration of the church structures and ministries.
- Give (or provide for) pastoral care to members of the church family as needed.
- Encourage movement through the various stages of the congregation: small groups, leadership, congregation and Presbytery.