Under the direction and leadership of the Lead Pastor and Executive Pastor this position will perform a variety of duties and responsibilities that involve the worship department of CityLight Church. This position may require direct communication with the
CityLight Church Executive Team or its designate. The primary responsibility of this position will be to oversee the worship department as directed by both the Lead Pastor and the Executive Pastor.
Worship Director Accountability
- Lead Pastor and/or Executive Pastor for evaluation/direction/support/authorization
- Executive Team for High Level Goals
Responsibilities & Duties
- Oversee the worship, media and sound departments house-wide
- Develop directors and teams for each department
- Prepare weekly sermons for podcasts
- Schedule worship, sound and media teams for all campuses
- Establish in-house worship teams that can be sent out to minister at outside venues
- Equip musicians and volunteers to create depth in all areas of worship, media and sound
- Train and equip worship leaders to lead service at our CityLight campuses
- Be active in community functions
- Build relationships within the CityLight Church body and throughout the community
- All areas include Sunday services, Ignite student ministries and Kidz Power Zone
- Be available for all special church functions as needed
- Lead weekly worship rehearsals
The Worship Director will work hand in hand with the Creative Arts Director to accomplish the goals and vision of CityLight Church for the Sunday morning experience.
- To have a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ as evident by an active personal worship & prayer life.
- Lives with a Godly character that no reproach may come upon the Body of Christ.
- 4 years of worship ministry experience on staff in a leadership role of some capacity
or a Bachelors level degree in music, worship along with 2 years of worship experience.
- It is understood that this position is for 12 months and may be extended by the Lead Pastor and Executive Board.
- Create personal High Level Goals (HLG) annually to be reviewed by the Lead Pastor and/or Executive Pastor
- Produce original in-house music to be released
- Establish 2-3 teams for coverage in the worship, media and sound department at all CityLight campuses
- Establish a writing retreat for all parties involved in the production of original in house music