General Overview: The Youth Pastor(s) uses their gifts, talents, and skills to provide organizational and visionary leadership to the youth ministry at MTC, working hand in hand with the church board, congregational pastor, church staff and volunteer leaders to ensure a relationally-based program that is dynamic and focused on transforming Young people to the knowledge of Jesus Christ.
- Oversight and direction of youth ministry.
- Initiate and maintain growing supportive relationships with volunteer Youth leaders.
- Provide leadership and direction for Wednesday night Youth ministry activities.
- Provide leadership for the Sunday Evening events.
- Attend high school sporting events, pep rallies, lunches, etc.
- Build meaningful and durable relationships with Youths and their parents.
- Build/maintain a high energy worship team.
- Lead the vision, direction, and practical needs of Jr. High, High School.
- Provide leadership and direction for events such as retreats, camps, and special activities for MTC Youth Ministry.
- Maintain communication with Youths and parents through regular and consistent newsletters, website updates, phone calls, emails, notes, and meetings as necessary.
- Complete the administrative job demands.
- Wisely manage the resources provided for this ministry (budget, rooms, etc.)
- Provide leadership, coordination, and communication for local mission and service opportunities for Youths.
- Meet regularly with the Congregational Pastor for ongoing supervision and status toward fulfilling the goals and vision of MTC, and for accountability and mentoring.
- Participate in regular team meetings with the church staff, and the Youth Ministry Leadership Team.
- Participate in occasional church staff gatherings (meetings, lunches, etc.)
- Perform other duties as requested by the Board or Congregational Pastor that are deemed necessary for the overall success of the Youth ministry.
- Agree to follow the guidelines and policies of the MTC Employee Handbook, Financial Policies, and Bylaws and any other church approved policies and procedures.
- Continue building your own personal relationship with God.
- Seek necessary nurture for personal spiritual growth by participating in a small group or fellowship with your peers.
- Regularly attend worship services and all-church gatherings.
- Build appropriate friendships with members of the MTC community.
- Over site transportation ministry of youth department.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Displays spiritual maturity.
- Has a discernible passion to bring youth to spiritual maturity.
- Has a genuine concern for youth and their spiritual, emotional, and physical well-being.
- Has strong organizational and communication skills.
- Is able to recruit, coordinate, and work with volunteers.
- Is self-motivated, visionary, and goal oriented.
- Is able to use discretion in keeping confidential information confidential.
- Has a valid drivers’ license and is insurable so as to oversee the transportation ministry of the youth.
- Has a minimum of 2 years’ experience in Youth ministry.
- Background in and an understanding of the Holy Spirit as received according to the book of Acts. Willing and able to teach and promote this experience.
Work Week – This is a full time position with varied work hours. Involvement on Sunday mornings will be a requirement. Due to the nature of the position, a minimum number of office hours will be required. The work week will consist mainly of planning and implementing youth activities and attendance at various youth events held outside the church, i.e. sporting and extra- curricular events and visits to the homes of current and prospective youth of MTC.
(Typical week is Tuesday-Friday and Sunday – Off Mondays and Saturdays unless activities fall on these days. Other days will be compensated)
Background Check – MTC reserves the right to obtain a background check and drug testing.
Compensation – Salary is negotiable. No health benefits will be provided.
Working Relationships – The Youth Pastor will report to the Congregational Pastor and will need to relate closely with the other church staff, including the Elders and Church Board. Youth Pastor(s) will be required to attend staff meetings.
Three (3) letters of reference
A written statement of why you would like to be considered for this position
A video of you speaking if possible
Mental and Physical Requirements:
- Able to read, speak and write in English.
- Strong physical and mental health to maintain demanding workload.
- Able to work under stressful conditions at times.
- Develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize and accomplish work.
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships and maintain them over time.
- Strong work ethics of integrity and honesty strives for excellence in all activities employing accompanying communication.
- Dependable, reliable and capable of fulfilling responsibilities.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Teen & Worship PastorCalvary Baptist Church
- Norwich, New York
- December 5
- Columbus, Mississippi
- December 5
Pastor of Student MinistriesCrossroads Church
- Douglasville, Georgia
- December 5
Pastor of Student MinistriesAustin Bluffs Evangelical Free Church
- Colorado Springs, Colorado
- December 5
Student and Outreach PastorFirst Baptist Church Gulfport
- Gulfport, Mississippi
- December 3