Conduct chancel choir, concert choir, and hand bell choir
Lead music for traditional worships services (2)
Oversee other elements of traditional worship, such as instrumental music or children's music
Candidate must have a sincere commitment to Christ and formal training in music or music education and/or significant experience in church music leadership.
Have the ability to lead groups (chancel choir, seasonal concert choirs, hand bell choir) and the congregation. Incorporate orchestration to complement choral presentations for seasonal and special recognition-event performances.
Plan, design, and produce music for two traditional worship services. Have a gift for leadership, good organization, and administrative skills. Be a "team player" and ‘bridge builder’ and relate warmly to the congregation and musicians.
Familiarity with orchestration and vocal arrangement is helpful.
This position is directly responsible to the Director of Worship and Music.
- Nurture in themselves and others a sincere and growing commitment to Jesus Christ, His church, and to music as an integral component of worship.
- Plan and select music and other creative elements with worship planning team for traditional worship services
- Direct and shepherd the chancel choir, seasonal concert choirs, and hand bell choir
- Lead congregational singing for traditional services
- Coordinate with Media Director to display music material for projection
- Coordinate with Traditional music department personnel
- Develop and manage the Traditional music department budget and calendar for traditional worship services and concerts.
- Maintain legal requirements for using copyrighted materials
- Oversee maintenance of all traditional musical instruments and equipment, with guidance from the Director of Worship and Music.
- Maintain good communication with other staff members and lay leaders by attending weekly church staff meeting and worship planning sessions.
- Coordinate music support with pastoral care and music department staff for instrumental and vocal component(s) for funerals, memorial services, and weddings.
- Produce and conduct Christmas and Easter concerts
- Produce and conduct other special concerts of value to the church and the community
- Other possible duties that fit the scope of this job
Please send resume to Director of Worship and Music, North Lake Presbyterian, 975 Rolling Acres Rd, Lady Lake, FL, 32159 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org