Fremont seeks a licensed, registered nurse to serve as part of a pastoral and health ministry team with a focus on intentional care of our congregation using nursing knowledge combined with spiritual care. The position is expected to average 20 hours per
Located in desirable Sacramento, California, near both the mountains and the ocean, Fremont Church has a membership of 1,000 and is committed to a full and diverse set of ministries, including strong music, youth and children's programs, which attract large
numbers of community members. Both traditional and contemporary worship services are offered on Sunday mornings. Fremont seeks to maximize the opportunity God has given us to impact our community for Christ with relevant and quality programs and ministries.
Fremont is affiliated with the Evangelical Presbyterian Church denomination.
Primary Position Responsibilities will include:
- Acting as staff liaison to Health Ministry Team and ensures the visitation of hospitalized or infirm congregants
- Coordinating volunteer nurse assignments
- Regular communication with pastoral and program staff to address congregational needs
- Must be Registered Nurse and have or obtain FNC training (34+ hours)
- 5 years experience as licensed nurse
- Candidate must be a person of character and integrity who has a strong and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Candidate must support the mission and vision of Fremont Presbyterian Church and affirm the Essentials of Our Faith without exception.
Fremont pays a salary commensurate with education, experience and other similar positions in the Sacramento area.
A resume which includes the following information must be submitted to Fremont Presbyterian Church (see contact information below):
- Employment History
- Education training
- Church history/ministry experience
- Three(3) references
In addition, please include a written response to each of the following:
- Share your personal Statement of Faith.
- Provide a description of your clinical experience which qualifies you for the position.
- Why do you feel God might be leading you to the Parish Nurse position at Fremont?
Resumes and written responses must be received at Fremont no later than October 15, 2014.
Send resumes and written responses to the attention of Dan Willson, Associate Pastor, at firstname.lastname@example.org