The Operations Director is responsible for all operational aspects of Sunday services, including operational set-up and breakdown for Sunday services, managing the Operational Team, and coordinating all logistics with Ministry Leaders. This position will
also be responsible for all Crossroads office operations, including overseeing office management staff, coordinating leases and process improvements.
This position is responsible for all Pacific Crossroads Church Operational needs, including:
- Overseeing Sunday operations, including two Westside services and one Eastside service
- Managing all Office operations
- Developing and managing church event approval and follow up processes
- Coordinating all church facilities and leases
- Forecasting and acquiring future facilities requirements
- Managing relationships with the staff at Santa Monica High School and St. John’s Cathedral, where Sunday services are held.
A minimum of five years experience managing an operational organization is required, including:
- A proven track record in process management, continuous measureable improvement, customer focus, organizational excellence, metrics and feedback mechanisms.
- Experience in leading high performance teams.
- Capable of setting and realizing high expectations. Familiar with industry standards for setting, measuring and reporting these expectations.
- Experience with facilities management.
- Experience with industry inventory and purchasing standards.
- Managing a significant budget, and being an excellent financial steward.
I. Sunday Operations
Serve as primary on-site point of contact and decision maker regarding tactical and operational decisions, as well as troubleshooting for Sunday services
- Coordinate with the Sunday Worship Coordinator to ensure excellent coordination between Sunday Service Planning and Sunday Site Planning
- Consult with Pastoral/Leadership team leaders regarding event preparations, logistical decisions
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with site contacts
- Coordinate with the Sunday Volunteer Director regarding operational components related to Sunday Service opportunities, including processes, procedures, and systems
- Coordinate with the Sunday Operations Planning Team to facilitate communication between ministries and coordinate a unified approach to execution of Sunday Services, keeping our Sunday Services worship focused
- Coordinate with Children’s Ministry Sunday Operations Team to ensure proper setup
- Liaise with the Aesthetics consultants regarding the continuing transformation of sites into a Gospel-Centered Environment
- Manage Site Operations Coordinators and Sunday Operations Team ensuring successful completion of all logistics and physical setup/teardown at worship site
- Develop, produce, and implement Site and Event processes, procedures, systems, and metrics to ensure a green status for all operations, including safety and security
- Ensure that all inventory, supplies, plans (direction/instruction), and staff are secured and ready for site activities, including “regular” and “special” site activities
- Hire, train and manage Sunday Coordinators, and Sunday Operations Team
- Oversee budgeting for the all Operations and consult with ministry teams for their site/event budgeting needs
2. Crossroads Events
Act as the primary point of contact for Pastoral/Ministry team leaders to consult regarding event planning and implementation for Crossroads Events
- Develop and ensure event planning processes are in place, utilizing best practices.
- Develop measurement and reporting structure to ensure events accomplish their approved goals.
3. Office Operations:
Oversee all operational needs for the Pacific Crossroads church office.
- Manage office operations, including front desk and office manager.
- Ensure office inventory processes are in place and being tracked for continuous improvement.
- Partner with IT coordinator to ensure all technology needs for office are in place and being met.
- Manage office operations budget.
- Facilities management, partnering with building management as needed.
- Manage all church facility leases.
- Forecast future operational needs for church facilities
- Maintain a vital and growing personal walk with the Lord through committed Bible Study, prayer and meditation
- Be a member of Pacific Crossroads Church, or plan to become one within 2 months of employment.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director