The Worship Pastor is to lead, manage, and coordinate the music ministry and worship of Faith Church. He will function as full-time staff, and be a member and active part of Faith Church. He will work with the senior pastor and ministry team to set the
spirit and order of all the worship gatherings. The worship pastor is responsible for training and shepherding bands and overseeing the planning and implementation of the musical selection and arrangements.
He will work together with the Media/Technologies Director to bring together the various elements of worship in the gatherings (i.e. musicians, vocal, projection, lighting, sound, etc.).
- Godly, and faithful character that exemplifies the Spirit filled walk of a child of God (1 Cor. 4:1,2; 1 Tim. 4:12).
- Worshiper (Jn. 4) who senses the call of God to use his gifts in motivating, mobilizing, and maximizing the musical resources available in the Church.
- Teacher who presents a well rounded approach to music in public worship, and can draw Christians to a place where they can worship (John 4:24; 1 Tim. 4:13-16).
- Proficient musician with emphasis on the guitar or piano.
- Experience with and appreciation for both the traditional and more contemporary forms of worship in the church.
- Lead or plan for the leading of worship at all regular and special gatherings (Good friday, Christmas Eve, men’s events, etc.)
- General oversight and coordination of the music ministry; including advance calendar planning with staff and pertinent leaders.
- Attend staff meetings, and work closely with the senior pastor, church musicians, and the worship/music teams; ensuring clear and timely communication between all groups.
- Recruit, train, direct, and minister to the adult worship teams, coordinate participation of all special choirs, worship teams, bands, special groups, and instrumentalists in a way that enhances the total ministry of the Church.
- Work to create an over-all environment conducive for worship for both the individual gatherings as well as long term improvements.
- Work with the Sound, Lighting, and Projection technicians and ministries assisting in planning, coordinating, and enhancing their use for regular worship and special programming.
- Work with the Children’s Ministry Director and Youth Director as a resource on their ministries’ music opportunities (i.e. Children’s Choirs, Youth Bands).
- Submit a budget proposal for all worship and music ministries annually.
- Present new ideas in the areas of worship, music, concerts, special gatherings and the yearly music calendar, to enhance the over all ministry.
- Abilities in songwriting, arranging, and recording.
- Submit to the leadership and vision of the church.
Details of Position:
We are proposing a full-time staff position with a minimum of 40 hours per week not including any additional time in personal service as lead by God.