JOB DESCRIPTION: TECHNICAL DIRECTOR
OVERALL SUMMARY: The Technical Director serves as the primary person responsible for the implementation and oversight of all technical needs of the church and staff in the fulfillment of the church’s mission of leading people to discover and fulfill their purpose in Christ. The Technical Director reports directly to the Campus Development Pastor.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Technical Director will work closely with the Lead Pastor, Campus Development Pastor, Campus Pastor and other Pastoral Staff to initiate the technical elements of our gatherings.
- Responsible for all sound, lighting and platform needs for all weekend worship experiences and special events throughout the year.
- Must have working knowledge of live concert level sound/mixing, monitoring, EQ, plugins, cabling, wireless technology, etc.
- Keep all sound, lighting, and video components in working condition. Repairing or replacing when needed.
- To recruit, train and supervise all A/V/L dream team members. Create a monthly schedule for all associated positions (sound board, computer, light board, video camera operators).
- Oversight of all areas of video production; creating, producing, filming and editing of video projects. This includes, but is not limited to, monthly video announcements, testimonies, videos of LP as requested, and live recording of weekend worship experiences for archives and online use. Often this will mean taking an idea from storyboard to screen.
- At Central, we use every opportunity to brand a sermon series, including the design of the platform. The Technical Director will work the Campus Pastor and Creative team to design and implement each platform set.
- Must have a working knowledge of Mac OS and Apple products.
- Work with and share duties with the Media Creative as needed.
- Professional completion of time sensitive tasks related to ministry events.
- Be a resource for staff and ministry leaders media needs.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Maintain organized electronic and hardcopy files.
HOW SUCCESS IS MEASURED:
Making Disciples – people are meeting Jesus -- growing in their faith.
Passionate Alignment – there is excitement within the leadership about the vision.
Financial Health – spending does not exceed the budget.
DREAM TEAM Development – the dream team base is growing compared year-to-date.
Creativity - the campus becomes an environment for creativity and innovation, and ministry that flourishes is shared with the other campuses.
BELIEVER: Must be a follower of Jesus Christ whose demeanor reflects a Christian life and attitude.
LOVE: Genuine love for people - willing to serve and put others before themselves.
LEADERSHIP: Must have proven leadership skills.
CONFLICT-RESOLVER: Unafraid to tackle interpersonal conflicts.
INTEGRITY: Maintain confidentiality with regard to office and church information.
MOTIVATOR: Self-starter, able to work without direction and a motivator to others; an initiator and implementer who can take a project from “seed to fruition”.
ORGANIZED: Needs to be organized and able to focus on various projects at one time.
TEAMWORK: Must be able to work effectively in teams, mutually submitted to one another across all campuses.
ATTITUDE: Displays a positive, Godly attitude in all things.
COMMUNICATION: Good communicator able to speak on behalf of the Technical Dept.
PROCESS: Must be a critical thinker, processing assigned tasks to find the best and most efficient way to complete them; adept at multi-tasking.
Resourceful, Creative, Flexible
Able to grow with the church
Enthusiastic about the job
Knowledge in the areas of Video Production, Filming (Lighting and Audio) and Editing; Live Sound, Video and Lighting; and basic Graphic Design
Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, In Design, Audition, Media Encoder, Speed Grade); Pro Tools; Microsoft Office; Mac OS; Apple Keynote; Apple Motion; Word Press; HTML; CSS; Avid Venue Hardware and Software; ETC Lighting and Controls/Dimming; Professional Video Switching/Cabling; Pro Presenter; Projector Basics, Digital Signage; and basic electric and cabling
JD Technical Director
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of WorshipTrinity Evangelical Presbyterian Church
- Florence, South Carolina
- December 5
Worship LeaderFirst United Methodist Church of Slidell
- Slidell, Louisiana
- December 2
Modern Service Worship Leader (231711)Private Profile
- USA South , Texas
- December 2
Worship PastorChurch of the Way
- Auburn, Georgia
- December 1
Tech DirectorCalvary Chapel Oceanside
- Oceanside, California
- December 1