3D Church is a new church plant in Southeast Aurora, Colorado that is set to launch
October 5, 2014! Our launch team has been meeting since March of 2014 and we already have a great core group of people, including over 50 kids as a part of the team. We have a great leadership opportunity for someone who enjoys being
a part of the pioneering stage of a new faith community, specifically in the life of children. We are looking for our Director of Children’s Ministry.
It is a part-time position and will oversee children, birth through 5th grade. We use the Orange Curriculum through The Rethink Group. 3D Church meets at Cherokee Trail High School, so we are a portable church, which means we set-up and tear-down each
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide leadership to the 3D Kids ministry
- Recruit, equip, and mobilize the ministry team
- Send weekly communication to ministry team along with monthly or bi-monthly team meetings
- Oversee set-up/tear-down for our classrooms with portable items
- Ensure background checks on all who serve within the children’s ministry
- Ensure the administrative leadership of the children’s ministry
- Partner with the rest of the staff
- Engage parents in the spiritual development of their children
- Implement children’s registration/check-in, classroom management, and security policies/practices in support of weekend services
Education, Skills, Abilities:
- Active and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ, evidenced by action, attitude and behavior.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1 to 3 years experience in children’s ministry. Experience in a leadership capacity within children's ministry is preferred.
- BA or BS degree, preferred but not required, in Children/Family ministries, Elementary Education or related field.
- A passion for children’s ministry and to see families grow in their faith together.
- Experience in recruiting, motivating, equipping and scheduling leaders to minister to children and families preferred.
- Effective communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal).
- Competency with basic computer software (Excel, Word, Publisher), and the capacity to learn new software (Church Community Builder, Planning Center, others).
This is a part time position (15 to 20 hours week). The hours and compensation/salary will be dependent upon experience, education, qualifications and growth of the ministry.