Harborside Christian Church is a non-denominational fellowship of believers who choose to follow Jesus Christ and be identified by His name only. We believe the Church is God's family on earth to spread the good news of abundant life, both now and for eternity.
Our Mission Statement is “To lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ!”
Our Strategy is “By creating environments where people are equipped and encouraged to pursue intimacy with God, community with insiders and influence with outsiders.
We are seeking an experienced Operation Coordinator to accept responsibility for the management of the resources for Church activities and events, enabling staff and ministries to operate efficiently and effectively.
The Operation Coordinator (OC) serves as the central point of communication and coordination for operational issues within the Church. This includes the physical management of the facility and related physical and human resources. The goal of the OC will be to equip all personnel (staff and volunteers) from a facility and resource perspective with the ability to execute services, events and activities with outstanding performance. The OC will be responsible for proactively working with staff and ministries to identify needs, distilling the needs into tangible plans and requirements, then executing the requirements within time and budget parameters. Also, the OC will be responsible for managing the logistical side of services and events with outstanding communication to ensure the ministries are sufficiently resourced and effectively organized.
- Organize and oversee Sunday volunteers for the following areas - parking, servers, ushers, security, and room organization including technology required, etc.
- Assist ministry staff and volunteers with operational needs including but not limited to responding to attendance issues, late breaking facility needs, and facility oversight.
- Oversee maintenance of the church building, grounds and equipment.
- Manage facility and other resources related spending to keep within established budget.
- Oversee safety and security of the building.
- Create a safety program as a guideline for building use in compliance with regulations.
- Prepare periodic operational reports to track developments and inform leadership of updates in his/her area.
- Respond quickly to emergency situations.
Space and Event Planning & Meeting Room Management:
- Coordinate and execute space planning efforts for Church facility, including coordination of event rentals.
- Work with staff and volunteers to coordinate space assignments resource utilization using online system.
- Responsible for identifying alternative space venues when the Church hits a space constraint – including major Church events.
- Responsible for coordinating with ministries and facilities when renovation and/or maintenance take place ensuring no service disruption to Church services and/or ministry activities.
Direct oversight and management of the following:
- Church facility
- Meeting room management
- Resources required for events
- Bachelor’s degree – preferably in business or management – and 5 years experience in operation and project management/event management.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- A strong commitment to the mission and values of our Church.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to resolve conflict among stakeholders.
- Proven communications skills, written and verbal.
- Ability to make decisions quickly.
- Ability to work independently and set own priorities and work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with competing deadlines and church demands.
- Ability to lead, motivate and empower others.
- Confident and polite.
- Ability to effectively listen to others.
- High organizational and time-management skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure.
- MS Office knowledge.
E-mail resume and cover letter in MS Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship LeaderFirst United Methodist Church of Slidell
- Slidell, Louisiana
- December 2
ControllerFaith Community United Methodist Church
- West Chester, Ohio
- December 2
Modern Service Worship Leader (231711)Private Profile
- USA South , Texas
- December 2
Scottsdale Bible Church - Student Ministry PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Scottsdale, Arizona
- December 2
Director of OperationsPeace UMC
- Pickerington, Ohio
- December 1
Harborside Christian Church
We want you to feel comfortable.
You don't need to worry about being singled out or asked to do anything! We want you to relax and feel comfortable.
At Harborside you can expect:
-A welcoming atmosphere, where you will be encouraged to learn more about God and His love.
-Friendly people who’ll help you find your way around.
-A worship experience combining relevant Bible teaching, today's music and creative media.
-The coolest Children's area around.
-A Starbucks®-like coffee bar, where guests More...