Technology Coordinator for Events & Broadcast
Detroit, Michigan area, United States
Ward Church, Northville, MI (Detroit suburb)
Job Type: Part-Time
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a Christ-like, servant-hearted leader who is passionate about getting the Gospel out to the world using technology. Ward Church is a very community based church with a very active campus that is used frequently for community ran events
as well as events ran by ministries of Ward Church. We are looking for someone who’s main technical gifts revolve around the set up and tear down of audio and video equipment, as well as proficiency in signal pathways and equipment identification as well as
function. This ideal candidate would be responsible for coordinating and supporting the technical needs for the live audio and visual experience of events outside of Sunday morning worship. While supporting technology for events outside of Sunday morning worship
is of first importance, we are looking for someone to set up and tear down the stage for Sunday morning worship as well as lead a team of volunteers who run our broadcast technology for the worship experience. The ideal candidate would oversee IMAG (image
magnification) for the contemporary service and sermon support for all live preaching venues. We have video venues and this person would need to know how to operate, maintain and train others on the video feed into each venue as well as online.
A little about us:
Ward Church really is that church that you can call home and call it home for a long time. There are so many wonderful people that have been at Ward for years and years. We run four totally different worship services in 3 venues and our tech department supports
all things A/V tech related for those venues, for church-wide events and provides A/V tech support for other ministries within the church. We have a very diverse multi-venue format for worship and reaching out. The four different services consist of a smaller,
low tech, simple and very early morning Chapel service (150 people or so) in our Chapel, a larger Contemporary Service with today'€™s top 40'€™s Christian music in our sanctuary (around 2/5 of our congregation), a Traditional Service (around 2/5 of the congregation)
also in our sanctuary following the Contemporary Service and a Post-Modern/Post-Rock type service (around 1/5 of the congregation) that runs simultaneously with the Traditional service in a different room. Currently, our pastors rotate live between speaking
in the Traditional and the Post-Modern services. A live (10 minute delay - computer driven and DVR backup) video feed is sent to the other room when they are not in that room live. You would report to the Director of Technology for Worship and Events.
You can learn a little bit more about us online in any of these 2 places:
- www.wardchurch.org (Wardâ€™s website)
- http://vimeo.com/wardchurch/videos/page:1/sort:date (Ward - Vimeo page)
Step 1: We will want to see...
- Your resume (work history, skills, your testimony, etc.)
- - Please let us know why you think our church could be a fit for you
- - Please provide 3 references (1 former or current boss, 1 former or current co-worker, 1 person who currently or formerly has worked or served under your leadership)
- - Please provide the reason why you left your last 2 jobs
- A video link(s) (or a hard copy DVD) of an event you have ran A/V for.
- And a recording(s) (mp3 or hard copy CD) of something you mixed and or engineered.
- If you mail any hard copies of anything, you can find the address on the website at the top of the ad. Please mark on the envelope "Attn: Austin Germain". If you do send any hard copies, please let us know through an email so we know to look for it. We
don’t want anybody’s materials getting lost in the shuffle.
Step 2: We will be in contact with all candidates who submit resumes for this position. The hope is to be back in touch with you within 1 week's time of your submission. However, please give us grace in knowing that we will be fielding a lot of resumes and
continuing our daily work!
Contact: Austin Germain, Director of Technology for Worship and Events at Ward Church
Thank you so much and God bless your search for the Lord's right ministry spot for you in His kingdom's work!!!