Galilee UMC, located in Sterling, VA (30 miles west of Washington, DC) is seeking a part-time Children’s Ministry Coordinator to assist in carrying out the vision and program development for our children, ages infant through third grade. This person will
be responsible for coordinating, scheduling and administering programing for the children of the church.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Personal belief in Jesus Christ as your Savior.
- 5+ years demonstrated experience in managing a children’s ministry, camps or other child-related activities, with an emphasis on early childhood education
- Experience coordinating/organizing events and trips.
- Excellent organization and computer skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work in a team environment and follow instructions from immediate supervisor.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and actively participate in Children’s ministries; Sunday and Wednesday Evenings and additional activity times as needed.
- Experience with recruitment, scheduling, and training ministry volunteers
Only local candidates will be considered. This position will typically require a maximum of 15-20 hours per week (including Wednesday and Sunday). Weekly hours will vary depending on season or upcoming events. Salary is $18.00 per hour.
Please e-mail your resume to email@example.com with a cover letter stating the date you are available to start. No phone calls please.