Fellowship Bible Church is a thriving non-denominational church of about 2,000 people in Topeka, KS, about one hour west of Kansas City. Planted in 1996, the church continues to experience incredible growth. FBC is a youthful church, with an average age
of 28. We have lots of young families and children, and we are currently in search of a worship leader to join our Worship Arts staff with an emphasis on leading worship experiences for our students and children’s ministries. This is an entry-level position
with a salary range of $35k-45k, depending on experience.
FBC mission: To Advance the Kingdom of God by making disciples of Jesus Christ. Overall Position Mission: To lead and develop worship teams of volunteers for Family Ministry division (college, high school, middle school, and children’s ministries) and to
assist in facilitating the vision for Worship Arts for the entire church.
- Plan and lead weekly Family Ministry worship experiences in coordination with Family Ministry team (Family Pastor, Student Pastor, Children’s Pastor).
- Recruit, train, disciple, and appreciate Family Ministry worship team members.
- Work with Pastor of Worship Arts to align the direction and values of the Family Ministry worship experiences with those of the overall Worship Arts ministry.
- Participate in all Worship Arts team meetings and worship planning, and Family Ministry meetings as needed.
- Lead and/or assist in main weekend services as needed.
- Assist Worship Pastor in developing overall worship vision and culture through administration, communication needs, lessons, and other designated areas.
- Contribute to set planning and design, set-ups, tear-downs, and special events as needed.
- Coordinate worship volunteer activities to ensure excellence in all Family Ministry services.
- Develop music charts for new songs for the Family Ministry worship experiences.
- Prepare music for Family Ministry worship teams and input set lists into Planning Center Online well in advance of weekends for teams.
- Schedule volunteer worship teams using Planning Center Online (PCO), ensuring coverage of each needed position weekly.
- Use PCO to keep groups up-to-date and to communicate within the system.
- Communicate regularly with supervisors, volunteers, and parents.
- Communicate necessary details to key people assisting with the services (Pastors, A/V Technicians, Church Administrative Assistant, Facilities Manager, and others as needed).
Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities:
- A commitment to the local church expressed through involvement.
- Has demonstrated a heart for discipleship in the local church.
- Has demonstrated a calling, gifting, and passion for worship leadership in the local church and for student and children’s ministries.
- Proficiency in either guitar or keyboard for leading in worship (guitar preferred).
- Ability to effectively lead worship services and band rehearsals.
- Effective communicator (verbal, written, and body language).
- Familiarity with Planning Center Online is a plus.
If you feel you are a fit for the above description, please send the following to JHolt@FBCTopeka.com: 1) Email address/current contact information, 2) Résumé, 3) References, and 4) Video links of you leading worship (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.).