Multi-site church is seeking a campus pastor who would (in 2-3 years) transition to become the lead pastor. Present attendance at two sites is 400; third site to begin in January, 2015.
We are Baptist in doctrine, non-charismatic, premillennial and contemporary in style.
Our main campus is located in central Pennsylvania in Bellwood. The campus where we need a pastor is in Altoona, 15 minutes from Bellwood. The current attendance at this site is 65.
Juniata Campus Pastor
Reportable and Accountable To
The Juniata Campus Pastor is a full-time position under the immediate supervision of the Senior Pastor and board of Elders.
General Dimensions of the Ministry
The Campus Pastor’s number one objective is to help HCC Juniata accomplish the purpose of “making committed followers of Christ” by giving overall direction to all the ministries of HCC Juniata.
Qualities and Abilities
- Biblical Character (1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:6-9)
- Compatible / Team Player
- Competent to carry out responsibilities
Specific Ministry Responsibilities
- Lay leadership development
- Conduct weddings and funerals as needed
- Visitation and hospitality
- Teach Adult Education Classes
- Occasional preaching
- Counseling as needed
- Regular upgrading
- Be involved in local community
- Give direction to the following ministries. Many need to be more fully developed.
- Adult Small Groups
- Children’s Ministry (Sunday School, Kid’s Club, VBS, etc)
- Follow up and assimilation of guests
- Outreach ministries within the community
Additional Senior Pastor responsibilities
- Oversight of three sites
- Oversight of all staff members
- Cast vision for the church
- Be the primary preacher
- Provide leadership
Minimum Undergrad in Bible Degree
Minimum 3 years of ministry experience, preferred
Please note: We have been blessed to be multi-site and are looking for someone to buy into the vision and direction of Hillside Community Church. We believe that God has brought us to this point where we are actively looking for someone to provide leadership to this campus. If you are interested in applying please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions please visit www.hillsidecommunitychurch.net or call (814) 742-8581.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Associate PastorThe Bridge Church
- St. Francis, Minnesota
- January 23
Executive PastorThe Meeting House
- Carlisle, Pennsylvania
- January 23
Associate PastorPeace Lutheran Church
- Hazen, North Dakota
- January 22
Senior PastorWoodcrest Chapel
- Columbia, Missouri
- January 22
Senior PastorMeadowdale Baptist Church
- Calhoun, Georgia
- January 21