Bookkeeper/Accountant - 20 to 30 hours per week
To provide financial services to church members and professional church staff.
• To submit to the church treasurer and church administrator a listing of all checks written during the month
• To prepare monthly financial reports for the church council and individual ministry teams.
• To process payroll bi-weekly in concert with MV's payroll service
• To prepare monthly, quarterly, and yearly payroll tax forms and make necessary deposits, and prepare W-2's at year-end
• To prepare for and cooperate with those appointed to perform a yearly audit of financial records.
• To prepare an annual budget and year-end financial reports for annual meeting
• To perform other necessary and related work as may be assigned.
• Ability to handle all A/R & A/P duties
• A demonstrated commitment to the Christian faith
• Although an accounting background and college degree would be highly desirable, the successful candidate for the position of Bookkeeper will have a verifiable record of employment with a minimum of 5 years’ experience performing the duties/tasks described
• Practical experience in fund-based accounting and account reconciliation.
• Demonstrated proficiency in computer skills including QuickBooks Pro and Excel
• Attention to detail and precision in account reconciliation and report generation
• A commitment to good interpersonal relationships, teamwork, and support of church ministries.
• A commitment to confidentiality regarding all account records, including the church, staff, and its members.
Please go to: www.mvlutheran.org/employment
To apply send cover letter w/salary requirements and resume to Darla Gonzalez at email@example.com.