River Hills Community Church, an interdenominational church located in Lake Wylie, SC, (20 miles south of downtown Charlotte, NC) is seeking a part-time Children’s Ministry Coordinator to assist our Director of Family Ministries in carrying out the vision
and program development for our children ages infant through fifth grade. This person will be responsible for coordinating, scheduling and creating programs that support a Christian education foundation for the children of RHCC.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Personal belief in Jesus Christ as your Savior.
- Experience developing Christian-based events in a church or similar environment.
- Experience working with Christian, faith-based children's curriculum. Knowledge of the Orange Vision and Curriculum a plus!
- Formal training in Christian Education is preferable, however candidates with relevant work experience will be considered as well
- Must have personal experience working with parents and children in a ministry environment.
- Experience coordinating/organizing events and trips.
- Excellent organization and computer skills. Experience with Pro Presenter and Planning Center Online a plus!
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work in a team environment and follow instructions from immediate supervisor.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and actively participate in Children’s ministries; Sunday and Wednesday Evenings and additional activity times as needed.
- Experience with recruitment, scheduling, and training ministry volunteers
Only local candidates will be considered. This position will typically require a maximum of 20-25 hours per week (including Wednesday and Sunday). Weekly hours will vary depending on season or upcoming events. Salary is $15.00 per hour.
Please e-mail your resume to SueD@rhcconline.org along with a cover letter stating the date you are available to start. Deadline for submission is Wednesday, October 15. No phone calls please.