Fellowship Bible Church of Roswell, Georgia – a suburb of Atlanta – is seeking to fill the position of Discipleship Pastor. FBC is a non-denominational, elder-led church with about 2000 attending each Sunday. Dr. Crawford Loritts serves as the Senior Pastor.
The Discipleship Pastor is the point person responsible for creating and implementing a strategy for Fellowship Bible Church to effectively execute the mission of “glorifying God by making disciples who love God passionately and love others unconditionally.”
This role will include opportunities to drive the mission forward by teaching in various church venues.
The DP possesses leadership gifts and skills, but embraces leadership through a team, and equips others to help fulfill the mission. He is passionate about being a disciple and making disciples, and develops and implements strategies to do so. He has strong
preaching and teaching gifts and will teach in various venues including Sunday worship services, Fellowship Institute (men’s leadership development program) and our Sunday Communities.
- Passion for discipleship
- Ability to enlist others to be discipled and to disciple others
- Effective communicator
- Leader of leaders
- Relationship Builder
- Rooted in the Word
Responsibilities (% time allocation):
- Church-wide discipleship process
- Evangelistic emphasis
- Nurtures and develops team
- Oversees all discipleship programs
- Member of Directional Leadership Team
- Sunday mornings
- Fellowship institute
- Other venues
- Oversee FBC teaching environments
15% serve as needed leadership at FBC
- Lead and develop direct reports
- Leading culture of volunteerism
- Master of Divinity/Theology
- Broad proven knowledge of discipleship practices
- Past work demonstrates capacity and competency to lead
Interested, qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.