The ideal candidate would be able to create inspiring environments where kids grow in their relationship with God while fostering relationships with parents that influences them to be the primary spiritual developer of their kids. The Children’s Pastor is
responsible for all aspects of ensuring the spiritual growth and development of children birth through 5th grade.
Reports to: Family Ministries Director
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Lead a team of volunteers in the operation of a Kindergarten to 5th grade children’s ministry, including weekend services, Wednesday evenings, and periodic special events while working closely with the Early Childhood Coordinator to develop and lead the
ministry to children from birth to 5 years old.
- Regularly select and/or develop curriculum for a Kindergarten to 5th grade children’s Christian education program that is part of the church’s weekend and Wednesday evening service schedule while working with the Early Childhood Coordinator to do the same
for children from birth to 5 years old.
- Implement children’s registration, classroom management, and security policies/practices in support of weekend services, Wednesday nights, and periodic special events.
- Direct the recruitment, training, and development of volunteers as needed to staff children’s ministry classrooms and special events.
- Make Sunday morning the best hour of a kid’s week through creating a compelling physical and relational environment with the implementation of curriculum that ensures learning is fun!
- Lead the creative use and proactive upkeep of children’s ministry facilities and grounds.
- Assist in the development of an annual budget for children’s ministries and manage spending to budget.
- Function as a member of the church’s Pastoral Staff performing baptism services, weddings, funerals, etc. as part of a rotation schedule.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Active and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ, evidenced by action, attitude and behavior.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1 to 3 years experience in children’s ministry. Experience in a leadership capacity within children's ministry is preferred.
- BA or BS degree, preferred, in Children/Family ministries, Elementary Education or related field.
- A passion for children’s ministry and to see families grow in their faith together.
- Experience in recruiting, motivating, equipping and scheduling volunteer leaders to minister to children and families preferred.
- Experience in designing and developing children’s ministry programs preferred.
- Effective communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal).
- Competency with basic computer software (Excel, Word, Publisher), and the capacity to learn new software (Photoshop, Planning Center, CCB, others).