Riverside Community Church is excited to find the right individual to be our new full-time Worship Pastor for our church. RCC is located in the northeastern side of Pittsburgh, with locations in Oakmont and Tarentum, PA. Over the past 27 years, Riverside
has seen growth in weekly attendance as well as worship sites. We gather on Sunday mornings holding 2 simultaneous services at each location as well as offer student and young adult ministry throughout the week at a separate brand new facility across from
the our local high school and ballfield.
We have updated and expanded our technological systems and equipment and have plans to renovate our
original site in Oakmont this spring. We want to look into the addition of another worship venue within the next 3-5 years. For more information about Riverside, please visit our website at riversideconnect.org and
Riverside is poised for continued growth and we are searching for the right person who can help lead this
ministry into the future. We are a team focused and team led church. We are not searching for super stars;
rather we are searching for team players who can share in the successes and the failures of this local church. The Worship Pastor will be a part of our pastoral ministry team and student ministry team.
Refer to the following job description for details.
Worship Pastor at Riverside Community Church (Job Description)
The Worship Pastor at Riverside Community Church serves by leading worship and empowering others to serve in the worship and tech arts.
The Worship Pastor needs to have ongoing expansion in new techniques pertaining to the worship and tech arts and the ability to lead and empower others.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND PREDOMINANT TASKS (Key Results Areas)
• Oversee, lead and administrate the worship ministry for adults
• Lead worship for Sunday services, holidays and special events
• Lead, recruit, train and build a caring community of volunteers on worship teams for adults and students
• Oversee, design and develop audio, visual, broadcast and lighting ministry and equipment and audio
team volunteers for adults
• Oversee set design for adults
• Produce and distribute podcasts of weekly sermons and special events
• Develop and produce audio recordings, loops, clicks and multi-tracks for live worship
• Produce and distribute audio recordings of worship music via worship team recordings
• Schedule arts team support for weddings, funerals and special event
PASTORAL MINISTRY RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide pastoral care to congregation including visitations, counseling and discipleship
• Lead and teach arts small groups as opportunities arise and needs necessitate
• Perform any related tasks as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor
A degree in pastoral ministry and/or worship related studies and leadership is preferred. Prior ministry
experience in worship leadership as well as a thorough knowledge of audio-visual systems and
technology is necessary to meet requirements for this specific role.
• A passionate Christ-follower with proven character and integrity
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Actively share in the vision and support the leadership of RCC
• A self-starter and a collaborative team player
• Flexible, teachable and reliable
• Ability to recruit, equip and lead others
• Effective communicator (visual, written and spoken)
• Advanced knowledge of audio technology, music, worship theology and vocal/instrumental proficiency
• Knowledge in Ableton Live (loops/clicks), Logic, Pro Presenter and Planning Center
• Knowledge in photo and video editing software is a plus
ORGANIZATION AND RELATIONSHIPS
The Worship Pastor serves on the pastoral ministry team. The worship pastor oversees, leads, coordinates and administrates the worship ministry for the entire church.
If you feel like we just described you and you meet the minimal requirements listed above, please email
your resume along with references and a link to your portfolio including videos of you leading worship to
Dave Longstreth at email@example.com.