Northside Christian Church (NCC) is looking for an energetic, engaging person in our pursuit to glorify the name of Jesus. This role will be instrumental in the development of creative media concepts to connect people to Christ and community. We are looking
for someone who has a heart for disciple-making, solid organizational ability and a desire to see the body of Christ grow in a new and fresh way.
NCC is a growing community of believers with an average weekend attendance of over 5000 people. We are an independent Christian Church that is an Elder protected, Staff led fellowship in New Albany, Indiana. The successful candidate will be a member of
the NCC community.
The Communications Director will oversee the development of creative concepts for all ministry teams (all disciplines – print, screen, web, video, etc.). This artist needs a creative, imaginative aptitude and awareness of current trends in the visual arts,
working knowledge of current design software, and an understanding of lead times and production capabilities, all of which can impact the end result. The successful candidate will be a leader that can spearhead projects and take direction well. This role
will report to the Creative Arts Director.
• Produce visual solutions developed to the specific needs of ministry
• Create visual elements for services, including announcement and promotional slides
• Provide graphic arts as displayed on monitors throughout the church building
• Interact with Department heads to find and implement creative communication solutions
• Provide graphic support for website
• Manage both the Graphic Designer and Video Coordinator
• Manage multi-tasking needs on several projects at the same time
• Able to take direction and work well in a team atmosphere
• Create a strategy for and manage social media church wide
• A desire to continuously learn and serve others
• Proficient with current design tools and media disciplines (Adobe Suites, etc. / print, screen etc.)
• Ability to lead a team
• Honest and trustworthy
• Integrity for work habits and results
• Appreciation for own and other’s giftedness
• On-going desire and effort to grow more Christ-like in character
• High degree of professionalism
• A team player who works well with others
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work independently and finish work within deadline
• Strong attention to detail
• BA in graphic design, communications or related field / equivalent experience
• 5 years? of full-time graphic design/Communications experience in a large Church setting
• Extensive on-line portfolio
This is our holistic direction as Church leaders and lay leaders that we’re committed to living out in our daily life. Expectations are everything and the Word leads us in this living.
• Gathering (weekend worship experience)
• Guarding (personal growth and protection of unity)
• Grouping (involved in group life)
• Giving (time, meaningful service, & faithful financially)
• Going (willing to share faith & invest well into others)
The successful candidate will be an active member of the NCC community of believers.
Interested candidates should submit:
Cover letter and resume (including references and URL for online portfolio) along with salary requirements.
Email your complete package to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also submit by mail to:
Northside Christian Church
ATTN: Communications Director
4407 Charlestown Road
New Albany, IN 47150