ASSOCIATE YOUTH MINISTER
River Oaks Community Church
CHURCH SIZE: 1000-1500
JOB TYPE: Full-Time
DENOMINATION: Evangelical Presbyterian Church (EPC)
The Associate Youth Minister works with the River Oaks Youth Pastor and partners with parents to enable youth to grow into mature disciples of Jesus Christ. This person helps oversee our ROCC Youth Sunday evening ministry to middle school and high school students
and shares in the responsibility of helping the youth of the church grow into mature disciples of Jesus Christ through weekly Bible studies, mission trips, camps, and periodic, one-time events.
- Share in the responsibility of teaching the timeless truth of God’s Word to the youth. This could include everything from preaching to a large group on a Sunday evening to leading a mid-week Bible study.
- Oversee the Sunday School Ministry: recruit, equip, and encourage the volunteer leaders who teach Sunday school and ensure that this ministry is aligned with the overall vision of the youth ministry.
- Assist the Youth Pastor with planning mission trips, camps, retreats, and one-time events. This includes maintaining a budget, scheduling events, managing a calendar, developing promotional and discipleship materials, and overseeing cabin assignments.
- Develop one-on-one relationships with students and volunteers for the purpose of encouraging them and strengthening them in their faith .
- Help ensure first-time visitors to ROCC Youth have a great experience. Create an environment for students to become connected at River Oaks.
- Oversee the creative ministry teams such as a youth band, drama team, arts team, or tech team.
- Assist with pastoral counseling and help shepherd students and their families through any crises that might arise.
- Assist in the planning and leadership of team meetings.
- Periodically assist with event planning for church-wide events.
- Maintain a 40 hour workweek . This includes a set schedule of office hours and a flexible set of ministry hours. Ministry to youth requires unusual work hours (e.g., going on weekend retreats, leading evening Bible studies, or stopping by a Friday-night
- Minister to students both inside and outside the church, which includes attending extracurricular events or prayer groups.
- Develop a budget. Work within budget guidelines to establish goals and implement strategies for their attainment.
- Continually cultivate an ever-deepening personal relationship with Jesus Christ through prayer, Bible study, and worship attendance.
- Be able to think strategically, provide direction, accept direction, and take projects from concept to completion.
- Be optimistic in the face of difficulty. View adversity not as a problem, but as an unsolved opportunity.
- Be industrious, hard working, and diligent. The candidate is relationship-minded and results-oriented.
- Be easily dissatisfied with the status quo, but respond with grace when the answer is “no.” Be able to separate ideas from own identity.
- Contribute to the team spirit of the staff through fellowship, encouragement, cooperation, and prayer. Teamwork and a servant’s heart are a must.
- Support and participate in regular church programs and activities.
- Address conflict using the biblical model laid out in Matthew 18.
- Be in agreement with the core beliefs of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church (http://epc.org/about-the-epc/beliefs/).
- Bachelor’s degree
- Youth ministry experience
- Proven track record of leading effectively and collaborating with others to accomplish exceptional results
- Effectiveness as a public speaker/teacher
- Experience in graphic design, video editing, and dramatic presentation is a plus.
- A degree in Biblical Studies is preferred.
- Reports to the Youth Pastor
ABOUT RIVER OAKS COMMUNITY CHURCH
The church began in March 1999 with a core group of 30 families and has grown dramatically since then. We are strategically located next to West Forsyth High School, along a major thoroughfare that connects the cities of Lewisville, Clemmons, and Winston-Salem.
Our worship services are contemporary, and we encourage people to “come as you are.”
Our church exists to REACH those who do not know our Lord Jesus Christ with the Gospel,
BUILD devoted and equipped followers of Jesus, and SEND God's people into the world to serve with compassion and conviction. For more information about our church, visit www.riveroakschurch.org.
We are a member of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church (EPC). The EPC is a family of churches, Reformed and Presbyterian, defined by shared core values and bonded by the fellowship of the Holy Spirit. Our affiliation with this denomination provides many benefits,
including regional training opportunities for our leaders and members. For more information about the EPC, visit www.epc.org.